Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Is that a Tesla?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Syracuse, NY this weekend for a wedding. Before anyone asks, I did not have anything to drink since I was driving everyone in my Tesla X six seater. We arrived back to our hotel around midnight after the celebration. We were leaving in the morning and I only had 30% battery left. There was a ChargePoint station 2 blocks away in a parking garage, so I dropped my wife and kids off and headed up to the garage to charge my car for the night.

I pulled into the garage and backed into the spot as I always do when at a supercharger. The spot was really short, so I parked it about 2 inches from the wall so the car wouldn't be sticking too far out. I got the ChargePoint station to authorize and unlock and started to walk around the back of the car to begin charging. I've had issues in the past that the ChargePoint charger turns off before I plug in, so I wasn't paying attention to the large metal sign attached to the wall behind my car. I proceeded to walk directly into the side of the sign, creating a 3 inch gash on my forehead. As others probably know, head lacerations tend to bleed. Blood was everywhere, my hand when I tried to wipe it, my shirt, my shorts, the ground, etc.

I walked around the front to the passenger's side to get tissues out of the glove box. My first thought at this point was how I was going to get the tissues without getting blood all over the white seats. No luck, I had about 5 or 6 good sized drops on the seat when I got the tissues. Obviously, since I'm a little crazy about the car, I wiped off the seat with the tissues before I tried to stop the bleeding on my head.

While this was happening, someone came over and said she saw the entire thing happen and asked if I needed help. I needed to find the nearest ER. Fortunately, I was parked in a hospital parking lot, so the ER was across the street. The woman offered to take me over (she had just ended her shift there). I said thank you and we started walking over.

So here's the picture. I have blood all over my shirt, pants and arm and I have about 30 tissues pressed to my head to stop the bleeding. Just as we start walking, the woman asks me "Is that a Tesla?" and proceeds to ask about 20 more questions on the 2 minute walk to the ER.

I got 5 stitches on my head, so I'll have a nice scar to show for my troubles.

On another note, we got home last night and I noticed I had not done a very good job of cleaning the blood off the passenger's seat. I was able to clean off all the blood really easily. I love the white seats, you can get anything off of them. My shirt and pants are another story.

i get the same responses :D

i went to O'Reilly's yesterday to get a phone mount and the store employee stood in the window staring until i walked in. I asked him where the phone mounts were and after he showed me he walked out of the store to stare at my MX! lol i had the whole store to myself (not very useful for a tesla owner) He walked back in and said: "man i haven't seen to many like that".

after i checked out and walked back to my car to install the mount, he just stood outside and stared at the car :D:D:D hilarious!

Sorry about the stitches. I guess it was fortunate for wedding pictures that it happened after the event. I had to laugh at your story though as just this morning while sitting in the drive-thru line at Starbucks after placing my order and waiting to get to the cashier window that my nose started to bleed. With the really dry air and air conditioning it happens to me unfortunately sometimes. In my case I had some tissues handy to catch it before any dropped but my first thought was "oh no, not on the Tesla!" We also have perforated seats so that came to me in that instant as well. LOL The wait was so long from speaker to cashier window that I got my nose to stop by the time I got to the window. I did think if I hadn't I'd be remembered as that lady in the Tesla bleeding. Yours was a more exciting story though. Funny how our first thoughts are of our car.

• Funny
Reactions: teddytoons