Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Model S made for Canadian winters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the exchange differential between the USD / CAD happening so quickly, the supply of CPO vehicles in Canada may shrink significantly (if most current Model S owners sell their vehicles to the U.S. market...)...this should cause the price of a CPO in Canada to rise...but, you may not find a CPO unit that you desire (colour / options / etc.)

Years ago when the CDN dollar was low, we got really good lease rates on some cars we had and the residual value was crazy high (not that I planned on buying them back). The dealer said that it was because all of the returned leases were going to the US where the exchange rate made it beneficial. I wonder if this situation will see Tesla reducing Canadian lease rates? In theory, the same could apply once again.

That would nice if they would...

Years ago when the CDN dollar was low, we got really good lease rates on some cars we had and the residual value was crazy high (not that I planned on buying them back). The dealer said that it was because all of the returned leases were going to the US where the exchange rate made it beneficial. I wonder if this situation will see Tesla reducing Canadian lease rates? In theory, the same could apply once again.

Not sure what the rates were before in Canada but here's a thread about lease rates being lowered south of the boarder.
lease rates lowered?