Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Signature Model X $5K+ discounted

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
So based on Elon tweet about the "equivalent" Model X being $5K > Model S
... and my spreadsheet showing the "equivalent" Model X < Model S
... does that mean the Signature Model X is $5K+ discounted
... since it is not $5K more like Elon tweet indicate the General Productions will be.
This helps my rationalization in getting the Sig vs going GenProd :)

Image: http://i.imgur.com/G2icx1Q.png

G2icx1Q.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/5ylrYwU.png
5ylrYwU.png

Last edited:

MaLund13

Sep 1, 2015
Sweden
Or... perhaps a Model S price reduction is coming? Anyway, it seems like the signature X won't be priced any higher than a general production X equally specced.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
Is it a fair comparison to include the rear-facing kid seats in the comparison?
I thought so since it added 2 seats and made a "7 seater" like the Model X with the optional 3rd row (included in the Sig).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because 3rd row seating is not "free" in the Model X.
Indeed from the Mon, Jun 16, 2014 "Model X update" email:

We can confirm that all-wheel drive will come standard for ModelX, and you’ll have the option to add a third row of seats to carry more passengers. You’ll also be able to fold down the second and third rows to create a flat platform for storage.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC