Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Tesla Montreal Store handling the Québec EV incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi ordered an M3D and I m preparing all the stuff that is required to pick Up the car. One thing I saw on a YouTube video was that is up to the owner to request the provincial incentive themselves as opposed to Tesla. Any experiences from QC buyers picking up their car from the Montreal store.

Montreal is not going to do it for you. You have to go online etc...
My delivery experience was bad. I had to deal with a rude employee, no fun. However the majority of people at Montreal service center are good and helpfull. The mobile service is great, however they can't do everything. Look carefully at delivery and don't accept scratches or defects, as it takes time to get it fixed. My car had a few scratches, they took the car to the body shop, however the work is still not done.
Like everywhere else I suppose, they are overwhelmed by work so make sure they adress properly your concerns and follow up.
Have fun with the new car !

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Thanks for the answers. I guess it means I have to front another 8K on delivery, as I'm not willing to finance that over the term of the loan when I'm gonna get reimbursement within a short period. On that subject what were your experiences as far as timeline to get that incentive from the QC government program.

The price difference + the additional 5k rebate I would lose was enough to push me over to the M3D and away from the P3D. I am scheduled for pick up on Friday evening and the delivery assistant explained we had to go online to the aforementioned website and set up the profile and upload the documents ourselves but that they would provide all the relevant documents needed for the application.

You can pre set up your profile and upload your invoices for charger and charger installation before you get the Tesla docs. Here is hoping they are as quick with the rebate check as they are to slap me with an interest charge when I'm late paying them something.

I read this on yesterday on LaPresse. The article states that the CAQ govt. has considered ridding all funding for Tesla, and how it could affect the Model Y, if I read correctly.
06C37238-056D-44E7-98CA-7B469D7A91CC.png

I read this on yesterday on LaPresse. The article states that the CAQ govt. has considered ridding all funding for Tesla, and how it could affect the Model Y, if I read correctly.

The article mentions Tesla but really they just meant any "high price" car. The i-Pace, the ECQ or the iNEXT won't get any rebate either.

Also the mention of the lack of demand from Wall Street "Vertical Group" is kind of stupid. McKenna is not a bad journalist but sadly he's just repeating what he read and didn't do any original research for that article.

The budget came out few days ago. We are still good this year - April 2019.

Here is a short clip from News article.

Customers who purchase a fully electric vehicle with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of under $75,000 will once again receive a rebate of up to $8,000 from the Quebec government.

Starting in 2020-2021, however, the maximum MSRP for eligible EVs will drop to $60,000. At the same time, zero-emission models priced between $75,000 and $125,000 will lose the $3,000 rebate that’s currently offered.

Reactions: BrunoB