Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Vehicle License Tax in AZ still reduced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to place an order on a 3 and I know that the vehicle license tax (annual registration) was dirt cheap for alternative fuel vehicles ($150 for 5 years). However, recent legislation stated that alternative fuel vehicles will see an increase, if they haven’t already, and the state’s website isn’t very clear. Has anyone registered a new Tesla in AZ in the past month or two? What did you pay?

But not much longer. A misguided GOP Senator Bob Worsley of Mesa (a Tesla owner by the way) wrote a bill proposing to increase it to ICE levels. Misguided GOP governor Doug Ducey signed it to law and they did it in a way that the public did not have a chance to vote on it. I think it goes into effect this fall or maybe the first of the year. They are going to use the generated revenue for DPS. Now if they used it for charging infrastructure, OK. Otherwise, just a money grab from relatively small minority and not even on the radar to incite the masses to push back going into November elections. Disgraceful...

Last edited: