Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to download you are charging stats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a way to download and store my charging statistics. All of the apps that I have found want to know my address, the login for my Tesla and other information that I'm not willing to share. When I look at the app and the phone, it will give me the current month, last month, as well as the last 31 days. What I wanna be able to do is to download that information. Is there any way to do that other than using a third party app? I know that over in the UK they have the ability to add the Tesla wall charger to their app and I understand that we can't do that here in the US yet. Thoughts?

You're not kidding, Quite to rabbit hole.
I know what day my meter gets read, and I can look at the app and tell how many kilowatts I used in the last 31 days, so that's gonna be good enough for me right now. It's obvious the wall charger has the data, since it can show it to the app. There should be a way to access and download it and look at it a little bit easier. Thanks for responding

Upvote 0
You're not kidding, Quite to rabbit hole.
I know what day my meter gets read, and I can look at the app and tell how many kilowatts I used in the last 31 days, so that's gonna be good enough for me right now. It's obvious the wall charger has the data, since it can show it to the app. There should be a way to access and download it and look at it a little bit easier. Thanks for responding
If you use an iPhone, iOS now supports a set of iOS Tesla Shortcuts. Starting and Stopping charging are two of the supported iOS Tesla shortcuts. It may be possible to create a custom iOS shortcut that will Start Charging Tesla, Stop Charging Tesla (when the battery is XX% full), then scrape the charging stats for that charging session and store the charging stats in a text file, in a folder on the iPhone. (There were some recent posts on Reddit /Teslamotors where experienced iOS users were having success creating a custom iOS shortcut for a charging schedule for their Tesla vehicle, so this may be possible with a custom script.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of all, you’re not actually giving your Tesla login information to a third party when you use something like TeslaFi or Tessie. It uses Oauth, which means it hands you off to Tesla’s own servers, you authenticate there (so only Tesla sees your credentials), and then Tesla hands the app back a unique token that it’s allowed to use to access your account data. So yes, you are still granting access for the app to see into your Tesla account, but you’re not literally giving them your Tesla credentials.

However, if you still don’t want to use those services, you can run your own version of these stat databases with TeslaMate: GitHub - adriankumpf/teslamate: A self-hosted data logger for your Tesla 🚘

I use it and it’s great. It collects data from your Tesla into a locally run database — never goes to anyone else’s servers — and layers Grafana dashboards on top of it. Be forewarned however that unless you’re something of a techie who is comfortable getting into setting up your own Docker server and things of that nature, you’re not going to want to go there.

Reactions: fsb1
Upvote 0
However, if you still don’t want to use those services, you can run your own version of these stat databases with TeslaMate: GitHub - adriankumpf/teslamate: A self-hosted data logger for your Tesla 🚘

I use it and it’s great. It collects data from your Tesla into a locally run database — never goes to anyone else’s servers — and layers Grafana dashboards on top of it. Be forewarned however that unless you’re something of a techie who is comfortable getting into setting up your own Docker server and things of that nature, you’re not going to want to go there.
I use Teslamate, also. I totally agree that it's not the easiest to setup and get working, you need to have some advanced technical knowledge. When it's working, it gives you a lot of info.

I also use TeslamateAgile to apply my Time Of Use charges from my electric company.

Upvote 0