Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to leave rearview cam on during navigation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I think that the back windshield has poor visibility due to the hatcback. I would like to leave the rear cam on at all times during navigation, is this possible?
(Would be even better to leave all 3 cams on at all times during navigation, but I would settle for the rear cam alone)

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated it!

I think that the back windshield has poor visibility due to the hatcback. I would like to leave the rear cam on at all times during navigation, is this possible?
(Would be even better to leave all 3 cams on at all times during navigation, but I would settle for the rear cam alone)

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated it!
Just tap the rear view camera icon on the screen icon bar (along the bottom) (I forget what it looks like).

Just tap the rear view camera icon on the screen icon bar (along the bottom) (I forget what it looks like).
Doing this will have the rear cams cover the map. I would like both to show simultaneously. Is there a way to do this?
Unless you're looking for a way to have the map show along with the rear view camera? The navigation and audible turn by turn directions will still play if you have the camera view up.
Yes, I would like for both the cam and map to stay visible simultaneously. Is this possible?

Darn. Maybe in my next life then, when I can afford a model S/X 😂
We have had all Model S but recently ordered a new Model Y largely due to the massive discount a month ago. We drive one last weekend and were also equally disappointed that we couldn't have nav & rearview cam on the display at the same time.

We made the mistake of sitting in a new Model X right afterwards and immediately discovered that not only can you have nav & the rearview camera up at the same time but the cam view also displays the side cams as well. This is the ideal combination for us. It's just too bad we'd have to spend about 3x more to get it.

Reactions: EpicNguyen
We have had all Model S but recently ordered a new Model Y largely due to the massive discount a month ago. We drive one last weekend and were also equally disappointed that we couldn't have nav & rearview cam on the display at the same time.

We made the mistake of sitting in a new Model X right afterwards and immediately discovered that not only can you have nav & the rearview camera up at the same time but the cam view also displays the side cams as well. This is the ideal combination for us. It's just too bad we'd have to spend about 3x more to get it.
Model Y can display all three cams at the same time also. Just swipe up if it is only showing the rear view. But of course it covers up the map unlike S/X.

If you must have both the camera and navigation up at the same time, you can look into adding one of those 3rd party displays behind the steering wheel which can support turn by turn navigation thru carplay/Android auto and have the main screen display the camera views.

If you must have both the camera and navigation up at the same time, you can look into adding one of those 3rd party displays behind the steering wheel which can support turn by turn navigation thru carplay/Android auto and have the main screen display the camera views.
Oh, this sounds interesting. Do you have any that you highly recommend? Any link, brand, model or name that I can look up?