Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to send another forum member a private message?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the concern with bots, troll accounts, etc. creating accounts and then harassing others via private message; however, does this just encourage new account holders to post random messages on the forums just so they can perform a reasonable action such as responding to a "for sale" posting that explicitly says "message me"? Not saying I have a good answer to this; just sharing in the frustration.

Can confirm that new members can receive pm's and then reply to them. Still not sure how to create one, but you can ask the op of a thread to pm you and you can reply to them easily. Perhaps it's a mobile limitation?

This also is quite bothersome to me. I can see the reasoning behind this (spam/bots/etc.) but I makes it very difficult for starting members like me.

It took me quite some time to find the answer why I couldn't send a PM and even then I am left wondering whether this can't be solved better (with a recaptcha or something else)

Hi, has anyone figured this out?

There isnt anything to "figure out". You need a minimum number of posts before you can PMs members directly, but you can receive PM. This is done by the people who own the site to prevent PM scams by new members, which have absolutely happened and people continue to attempt.

I am not sure how many posts it is as most of the moderators like myself are volunteers and do not control that. I think its somewhere around 10 ish. If you are trying to buy something (which is normally what triggers people to try this) post in the persons thread and ask them in their thread to PM YOU. They can do that.