Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there an app that.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I love the fact you can start charging at a specific time. But you can’t stop it at a specific time!

Is there an app which I can program to stop it charging at 7.00am (when my cheap electric finishes)?

Also is there an app which you can put in a departure time (say 8am) and a start percentage (say 100%) and it will start charging at the required time to ensure it’s not sat at 100% for any length of time?

Thank all.

Not an app for your phone, but TeslaFi is fantastic. It allows you to schedule pretty much any API call the car can handle. Plus you get all sorts of great stats about your car. There is a 2 week free trial, but you can get 4 weeks with a referral. You can use my username as a referral if you're interested.

So I love the fact you can start charging at a specific time. But you can’t stop it at a specific time!

Is there an app which I can program to stop it charging at 7.00am (when my cheap electric finishes)?

Also is there an app which you can put in a departure time (say 8am) and a start percentage (say 100%) and it will start charging at the required time to ensure it’s not sat at 100% for any length of time?

Thank all.

Been wanting this feature for a long time and other EVs have this option. Contact Tesla and let them know. We recently are now able to install updates from the app. I'm hopeful it will come eventually.

Not an app for your phone, but TeslaFi is fantastic. It allows you to schedule pretty much any API call the car can handle. Plus you get all sorts of great stats about your car. There is a 2 week free trial, but you can get 4 weeks with a referral. You can use my username as a referral if you're interested.

I already use Teslafi. But haven’t a clue how to do what I want it to. Have you?

I already use Teslafi. But haven’t a clue how to do what I want it to. Have you?
You'll likely need to go into Settings > Account and generate a new token that allows controlling the car. TeslaFi defaults to a read-only token.
Once you do that you can go to Controls > Schedules and setup the command, where you want it to run, time of day, day of week, whether or not you want a notification, etc. It's come in handy for me, especially since I can't have my phone at work.