Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there seat difference btw 6 seats / 6 seats + console options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just ordered one with 7 seats, but need to change to the option to 6 seats because my kids are complaining after thehy know that 2nd row seats does not recline at all. They just folding forward.

I am trying to change the option to 6 seats, but I like to know the 2nd row seats are same with/without the center consoled.
With 6 seats option the 2nd row seats recline somewhat backwards (just a little, but this is important to me).
Because I haven't seen any 6 seats model with center console option, so I cannot sure on that.
I am wondering if the 2nd seats move backward/forward even with the fixed console between.
Thanks.

I have six seat w/o console I have seen one with console and they look behave the same to me ...personally if u are getting one with console I would just stick with 7 seater ..I thought that seat also reclines a little

The current 7 seater middle row does recline and fold manually similar to other SUVs and minivans. Only "issue" is that it's a 60/40 split bench, meaning that the middle and one of the outboard seats are stuck together and recline together while the other outboard seat reclines independently.

6 seater with console and without console are exactly the same except for the non-removable console. Both middle row seats recline but keep in mind that it's a fixed L shape seat, meaning that as the back reclines, the bottom of the seat lifts up. You cannot fold the seats down like a traditional SUV. They only tilt forward to allow access to the 3rd row. Best to see all configurations in person before you make the decision. The 7 seater 3rd row is quite cramped and not great for those that are claustrophobic. 6 seater without console allows 3rd row larger (i.e. adult) occupants to stick their feet out between the two middle row seats. 6 seater with console would be the most comfortable option for 2nd row occupants as it's the most captain chairs like configuration.

Here is Tesla's video about the current 7 seater:

Here's a video about the 6 seater without console:

Here's a video about the 6 seater with console:

Last edited:
The current 7 seater middle row does recline and fold manually similar to other SUVs and minivans. Only "issue" is that it's a 60/40 split bench, meaning that the middle and one of the outboard seats are stuck together and recline together while the other outboard seat reclines independently.

Thanks for the info and youtube. That was exactly what I have expected for the 7 seats!
The sales agent I met today confirmed even twice that the seats does not move at all (back/foward/recline whatever) only fold forward.
He seems pretty new. He is probably not trained properly yet.

Today the showroom ware really crowded by people as today is the last day for the free LTE.
Also lots of people are concerned about the deadline for $7500 tax rebate.
I feel Tesla try to make as many contract as possible due to their recent financial issues.
They are running out of cash, so they were keep calling me to make me to order the car before July.

Anyway, I may keep 7 seats instead of 6 seats option.
Thanks.

Reactions: P85_DA