Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is This A Good Inventory Deal For A P+l?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a July '18 X75. White/White/Carbon, PUP, FSD, 5-seater, 20" stock wheels.

I've been on the fence about the free Ludicrous offer and told my OA to send me anything that looks interesting.

He sent me this today and I put down the $2500 deposit knowing it's fully refundable, just so I can think on it a little longer...

March '19 P100 with gifted Ludicrous. 250 miles, Dark Silver/Black/Carbon, (PUP standard now), FSD, 5-seater, 20" stock wheels. He said they will upgrade the AP to HW3 when they receive the vehicle. He also said they are attempting to waive the 2k destination fee, and I'll also get the free lifetime supercharging. Cost is $102,900 before tax and without destination fee.

He promised I'd have it next week, so I'd get the $3750 tax credit.

I know I'm taking a depreciation hit on the x75, but I wonder if I trade this in (4-5 years from now) if it'll be worth a decent amount more than the x75 would. Hard to tell the future I know...

Anyway, let me know what you guys think... Appreciate any opinions...

So if you pick up that new Model X, the only difference between it and your current are going to be the Ludicrous + range. It'll have the same MCU 2, same FSD featurs, same interior, etc. etc. You'll take quite a hit on trading in your '18 X75D and the new '19 P100D will depreciate significantly more than an X75D over the next 5 years. It's tough to say how much exactly, but a 75D is the slowest depreciating model X and a P100DL is the quickest. You also won't get the new raven motors or suspension.

On the other hand, you can pick up a brand new 0 miles Model X with raven motors and suspension in your configuration for $110,000. Would I pay an extra $7,000 for a newer car and the new raven suspension and motors? I absolutely would. You'll lose $1,875 on the tax credit putting you closer to $9,000 difference between the cars, but still the new motors and especially suspension are just excellent in my opinion.

But it's up to you. You're going to take a hefty hit either way, especially if you're comparing your current X75D trade in value in 2024 to a '19 P100DL trade in value in 2024. Financially it's not a "wise" move, but that's ok and if you're willing to throw some money at the performance then go ahead and pull the trigger. The next question after that is if the Raven setup is worth ~$9,000 on top of that. I say yes, some people say no, see if you can find one to test drive and perhaps that will help that second decision.

• Helpful
Reactions: Spelly88
What destination fee of $2K? The new car destination fee is $1125. You shouldn't have to pay extra transportation fee ($2K), at least I didn't. As for the price, the difference is not that significant from new (to be a slam dunk deal). Basically you are trading saving $9000 + Free SC against 0 miles + raven motor + suspension. Not an easy decision, especially you already have a X75D. Personally I think the inventory price will come down again if sales slows again similar to earlier this year. But I'm not sure if free SC will still be available though, it hasn't for a long time, until for 2 months (May and June) this year.

What destination fee of $2K? The new car destination fee is $1125. You shouldn't have to pay extra transportation fee ($2K), at least I didn't. As for the price, the difference is not that significant from new (to be a slam dunk deal). Basically you are trading saving $9000 + Free SC against 0 miles + raven motor + suspension. Not an easy decision, especially you already have a X75D. Personally I think the inventory price will come down again if sales slows again similar to earlier this year. But I'm not sure if free SC will still be available though, it hasn't for a long time, until for 2 months (May and June) this year.
The car is currently in San Fran, so they had a 2k transport fee associated with it.

I’m not too concerned about free supercharging as I’ve only done it twice in almost a year. I am mostly concerned about waiting and losing out on the 20k ludicrous “gift”.

It certainly doesn’t seem like a slam dunk as you say.

The car is currently in San Fran, so they had a 2k transport fee associated with it.

I’m not too concerned about free supercharging as I’ve only done it twice in almost a year. I am mostly concerned about waiting and losing out on the 20k ludicrous “gift”.

It certainly doesn’t seem like a slam dunk as you say.

Did the website show $2K transportation fee? All of inventory cars that I see now don't have the $2K, only used ones do. You should have received an order agreement as soon as you pay the deposit, if it's not on it, you shouldn't have to pay. I bought an inventory MX from Seattle shipped to San Diego for free (a month ago) as many others I know. Just had to pay the $1125 destination fee.

You will get the $20K L free even if you order the new Raven refresh now, I believe. It's true that it might not be there if you wait for the inventory price to come down again. So the decision is buy inventory now or ordering a new one now, if you really want the ludi mode.

Have you received an appraisal on your current X yet? That may come as enough of a shock to make your decision for you. Also, I haven't heard of upgrading to HW3 as part of delivery, so I would be a little skeptical of that as well.

As for not wanting to miss the ludicrous credit, I can relate as I just recently put a deposit on a P100D MS to replace my 2017.5 MS75. I will be netting out at under 30k for the two transactions, for which I can live with given the upgrade in range, performance, AWD, and other included options.

Hope that helps.

• Informative
You all make great points. Honestly, a new Raven with ludicrous but without FSD (which can be added later) is maybe 1-2k more than this inventory model. Granted I’d lose the $1800+ in tax dollars too since I doubt a new order could get here before July 1. But that’s really close to make it seem like a new Raven is a better deal.