Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a legal number plate, and is it also legal for travel outside of the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yours for £3.79

Thanks, ordered! I have a passport cover converying a similar sentiment. Never fails to raise a smile and has started conversations with friendly border agents.

Reactions: Wattsisname
I used stickers on mine, never had a problem. But also depends where you are travelling to.
For Spain for example, you need the black on white 'UK' oval sticker in addition, even if your plates are compliant with the new UK+flag.

May I ask why you would insist on having the green flash on the plate for? Afaik there is zero advantage to have it, and I think (personal taste) plates looks better with either the regular blue or just plain yellow
No particular desire to have the green stripe, just thought while I was in the market for some UK marked plates I might as well add it. Current plates are totally free of additional markings.

I don’t think you would have any issues with any of the above. Reflective or not, compliant and legal or not.

We have so few police (government “streamlined” to save money again) which is why the whole county is pretty much a lawless state - which is why you can do what you want.

When did you last see coppers patrolling a neighbourhood or a city centre? I was about 3 if I recall correctly…..
I'll avoid Gloucester then, see them fairly regularly in our Bucks village as they drive past to check around the village hall, saw several police in A&E last week (don't ask), see them regularly when I commute into London.

I think we decided that the mean streets of Gloucester were just not worth patrolling anymore, we're leaving to the gangs to sort out.

• Funny
Reactions: M1tch
I settled on some transparent UK stickers in the end for a couple of quid and fitted today. Hopefully that meets the French/Belgian/Dutch/German requirements.

1705492008429.png

Reactions: WllXM and MrBadger
I am looking to travel Europe more going forward, so will likely just get plates made up with the UK badge but without any form of green flash... it doesn't really add anything other than going "oooo look at me, I drive an electric car" - and its going on a Tesla, so everyone knows that already 🤷‍♂️