Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this amount of panel gap normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if this is normal or not. My cabin noise is excessive and am wondering if it’s because of the panel gaps being so wide. It’s not symmetrical at all.

Attachments

• IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5799.png
    IMG_5799.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Can't be sure if that's causing your wind noise, but that's pretty lopsided. If you just bought it new, you can ask your service center to correct this.

Some corrections can cause even worse problems... I'll wait for someone else with more experience to chime in.

Can't be sure if that's causing your wind noise, but that's pretty lopsided. If you just bought it new, you can ask your service center to correct this.

Some corrections can cause even worse problems... I'll wait for someone else with more experience to chime in.
I bought it new 12 months ago. I guess I never really paid attention to how bad it was. At highway speeds the cabin is about 86 dcb so I’m hoping noise will be reduced if this gets fixed

Yes it’s the hatch only. I noticed recently that the hatch wouldn’t always close 100% of the time. I have to keep on opening and closing it until the hatch fully latches and closes all the way.
I would bring the gap to their attention to see if anything can be done. Regarding the trunk not closing fully, I would also bring that up as well. It could be the latch. When I took delivery of my car, my trunk wouldn't close properly. They adjusted the latch area breaker whatever its called and then it was good to go. Not related to gaps.