Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this Autopilot or EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I'm getting ready to buy my Model 3 soon (hooray!!) and even though I've followed Tesla since the beginning, my eyes are getting crossed on all the autopilot features and changes in the years.

Anyway, is this screen showing that this model 3 has basic Autopilot, EAP, or something else? I don't see summon or NoA so thinking it's just the basic AP? It's a 2018 model.

If this one is just basic AP, where would it show me where to upgrade?

Thanks for your help!! Also if you have EAP, can you take a picture of your screen to show what it looks like?

FCfxFzx.jpg

Yeah, it's just basic AP without FSD. Tesla began including AutoPilot as standard equipment (IIRC with the exception of Model 3 SR). Essentially all Autopilot Safety features along with Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer.

If you want FSD (which includes summon, AutoPark, NoA, lane changing, and eventually enhanced summon and FSD features), you can pay to enable those features on your MyTesla page.

Tesla doesn't offer EAP anymore, they changed the way they package AutoPilot a few months ago and they just have AP and FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: proudapron
Hey everyone!

I'm getting ready to buy my Model 3 soon (hooray!!) and even though I've followed Tesla since the beginning, my eyes are getting crossed on all the autopilot features and changes in the years.

Anyway, is this screen showing that this model 3 has basic Autopilot, EAP, or something else? I don't see summon or NoA so thinking it's just the basic AP? It's a 2018 model.

If this one is just basic AP, where would it show me where to upgrade?

Thanks for your help!! Also if you have EAP, can you take a picture of your screen to show what it looks like?

That is just basic autopilot.

This is what the screen looks like with EAP:

20190613_205514.jpg

Reactions: proudapron
Awesome thanks guys!! So just to be sure, if it has summon and navigate on autopilot, that means it has EAP right? And there's no way to tell if FSD was purchased unless it's in the My Tesla app?

And if it has basic Autopilot, the upgrade to FSD would either be $2k or $6k depending on when the car was originally made, or how does that pricing work?

Thanks!

Awesome thanks guys!! So just to be sure, if it has summon and navigate on autopilot, that means it has EAP right? And there's no way to tell if FSD was purchased unless it's in the My Tesla app?

And if it has basic Autopilot, the upgrade to FSD would either be $2k or $6k depending on when the car was originally made, or how does that pricing work?

Thanks!

Correct. If it has summon and navigate on autopilot, it is EAP. You can check if you have FSD by going into your My Tesla Account page on the website. In terms of pricing, I don't know. The price has changed back and forth several times. The best thing to do is go to your My Tesla Account page on the website and go to upgrades and see what the price is.

Thanks again!

I'm trying to wrap my head around this oddity: I've talked to a few owners who show me that the car has EAP in their original purchase receipt but then in the autopilot dash there's no summon or Navigate on Autopilot features listed.

Am I missing something on where these are located on some M3's?