Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate on autopilot does not work my 2023 model Y with EAP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have a 2023 Model Y with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). I use EAP daily drive to work. I saved the work address. But I always need to manually change the freeways even navigation shows blue line on the map and manually exit the freeway also. My software version is 2023.12.9. And Auto park and Summon still no show after 3 weeks purchase and 3 times updates.
Please help.
Thanks,
Johnny

When I selected the options for EAP and FSD, I noticed difference are Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control. It never mentioned that I need FSD beta to navigate the entire route on freeway.

Full Self-Driving Capability; $15,000
All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

When I selected the options for EAP and FSD, I noticed difference are Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control. It never mentioned that I need FSD beta to navigate the entire route on freeway.

That’s how they get you

The Tesla hype is actually greatly toned down from what it was six years ago. If you want to get your blood boiling, carefully read this page from 2016:

They said the only things stopping you from getting true FSD (door to door with no human intervention) are regulatory approval and software validation.

I love my Model Y. I loved AP and now I love FSDb (subscribed for one month). But as they are now, AP and FSD are driver assists, not driver replacement. Some people love it and some hate it. I think it mainly depends on what expectations you bring with you. My approach is to try to get the most out of what the car and I can do together. It's a blast. People who try to see how well the car works as a driver replacement are usually disappointed.

Elon recently said that a new version of smart summon that actually works using the new FSD beta software stack will be released in a month or two. My guess is maybe by December. Until then, people who bought EAP were almost completely ripped off. Sorry. At least you didn't buy FSD back in 2016 expecting to make money with your new robotaxi.

Reactions: jeewee3000
It never mentioned that I need FSD beta to navigate the entire route on freeway.
You don't. Navigate on Autopilot (NoA), part of Enhanced Autopilot, will drive freeways for you. I did a long trip with NoA and it worked fine, including transitioning off of the highway. At that point, FSDb took over (the visualization changed), I cancelled that, then drove manually. I wasn't going to experiment on unfamiliar roads.

Check to make sure your Autopilot is configured to allow this. From the Tesla support pages:

To engage this feature, you must first enable Autosteer by going to Controls > Autopilot > Autosteer - then enable the Navigate on Autopilot feature. Camera calibration will be required and the latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded via Wi-Fi.

Reactions: PStewart
You don't. Navigate on Autopilot (NoA), part of Enhanced Autopilot, will drive freeways for you. I did a long trip with NoA and it worked fine, including transitioning off of the highway. At that point, FSDb took over (the visualization changed), I cancelled that, then drove manually. I wasn't going to experiment on unfamiliar roads.

Check to make sure your Autopilot is configured to allow this. From the Tesla support pages:
Hello,

FYI.

Same here, Model Y, 2023, delivery May 10th, calibration done, Autopilot with autosteer works fine, park assist works fine but still no Auto Park and Summon.

Park assist gives me this every time i get in the car; Park assist loading (translation).

They say it's normal?
Tesla park assist error.jpg

Hello,
I have a 2023 Model Y with Enhanced Autopilot (EAP). I use EAP daily drive to work. I saved the work address. But I always need to manually change the freeways even navigation shows blue line on the map and manually exit the freeway also. My software version is 2023.12.9. And Auto park and Summon still no show after 3 weeks purchase and 3 times updates.
Please help.
Thanks,
Johnny
Tesla is ripping people off by offering EAP that isn't working yet because the Tesla vision transition. I paid 6K for this features and I am currently trying to get a refund from them. There is no time-frame of when is going to be available and customer service is no help at all. If you get to talk to someone they are going to mention a disclosure prior to take delivery that you agreed to. In other words that we are beat for our money and that there is nothing we can do legally. I think a class action lawsuit will fix this problem.

Tesla is ripping people off by offering EAP that isn't working yet because the Tesla vision transition. I paid 6K for this features and I am currently trying to get a refund from them. There is no time-frame of when is going to be available and customer service is no help at all. If you get to talk to someone they are going to mention a disclosure prior to take delivery that you agreed to. In other words that we are beat for our money and that there is nothing we can do legally. I think a class action lawsuit will fix this problem.
You're upset that Summon and Autopark don't work? They are terrible. Even on HW3 cars, they barely work. Summon is more likely to wreck your car than not.

Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) finally works for me today after I turned on “Enable At Start Of Every Trip”.
NoA guides my Model Y through freeway interchanges and exits on the freeway based on the navigation route.

Reactions: JB47394 and BitJam
I just picked up my Tesla Model Y on Saturday and don't see the Enhanced Pilot option which includes summon, Parking assist and other and I paid $6k for that option. I called Tesla and the agent stated something about the software will be updated soon and she can't provide an update. Not sure why I was not advised before and the car is costing me over $56k. i asked her if I will be getting reimbursed for the $6k that I paid for the upgrade and she have no answer for me. Anyone have the same issue with thier tesla Model Y and the EAP?

I just picked up my Tesla Model Y on Saturday and don't see the Enhanced Pilot option which includes summon, Parking assist and other and I paid $6k for that option. I called Tesla and the agent stated something about the software will be updated soon and she can't provide an update. Not sure why I was not advised before and the car is costing me over $56k. i asked her if I will be getting reimbursed for the $6k that I paid for the upgrade and she have no answer for me. Anyone have the same issue with thier tesla Model Y and the EAP?
Usually, a new Tesla needs and update or two right away. I'd think the upgraded software would push down at the same time. Are you parking where it has internet access?

You have EAP, it is just some of the EAP features are not yet available for your vehicle: Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.
In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capability features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.

Though I am pretty sure that Park Assist is already available.

But yes, they really need to make it clear that some features are delayed.

Reactions: jeewee3000
Usually, a new Tesla needs and update or two right away. I'd think the upgraded software would push down at the same time. Are you parking where it has internet access?
Within our first 2 days our car had the new software. We don't have wifi at our parking spot, it was pushed over the LTE overnight (and installed.) The next morning, once our phones were off do-not-disturb we had notifications that new software had been installed.

Hello,
Please help.
Thanks,
Johnny
Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) finally works for me today(6 weeks purchase) after I turned on “Enable At Start Of Every Trip” and many patches updated.
NoA guides my Model Y through freeway interchanges and exits on the freeway based on the navigation route.