Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this rusted piece dangerous or replaceable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this is a stupid question to car guys but this is the first car I've owned since my early 20s (just getting my life together) and this piece in the middle is super rusted. Should I change it? Is that even possible? Also I'd like to rotate my own tires, when tightening lug nuts how do I know if it's 129lb ft torque.?

Attachments

• IMG_20231021_175814.jpg
    IMG_20231021_175814.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 148
Those are just water spots that form when water evaporates and leaves behind minerals or dust. Just clean the glass with a glass cleaner and then immediately dry it with newspaper or a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
Yeah I've tried the glass cleaner. I was worried I ruined some coating. I cannot find m14x1.5x21mm x40mm they're all 22mm and I don't have to have to buy 2 different things one to remove and one to put on

Upvote 0
They are conical.
  • 20 Pcs | 35mm 1.38" Long | 14mm 1.50 14x1.50 Thread | 13/16" Hex | 60 Degree Taper Conical Seat | Bulge Acorn | Black Chrome Finish | 2 Pc Construction
Thank. I added them to my cart along with a couple others to compare. Jesus there is so much to look out for with these stupid little things lol. When I click the left scroll button on the steering wheel it mutes the call. Is there a way to hang up ? Or change it to hangup?

Upvote 0