Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this Tesla’s consumer service? (Trying) ti buy a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walk away now... I bought an inventory model 3 and my ownership experience with service and customer service has been so bad I got a lemon lawyer. It's been 6 months LOL

Tesla is hyper-focused on sales right now and if they are still this bad at sales, imagine what service will be like in your country since service is an afterthought and a money-losing department to the company. Don't fall for the "it never needs service". Pushing to increase manufacturing leads to poor build, then service centers are busy with dealing with lots of poorly built cars and poor repair jobs. That leaves you with zero customer service, nothing fixed, and lots of stress/frustration.

You can actually speak with someone right now since you haven't given them your money yet. Once they got your money, you're on your own....

Actually I have paid TWO 4000€ deposits (8.000€ total) and I still have not had any of them reimbursed. Have been told that it can take 3 to 8 weeks for the reimbursement to be made.... incredible!

It's too bad but Tesla customers have many stories like this. If they didn't make such a great car I would never deal with them again. Service for me has been great w/o too many issues. It's the COMMUNICATION!! Tesla sucks at that part of it! Dealing with other humans is not their strong suit :)

Reactions: Ifernbol
No it is not. I personally know 5 Tesla owners (the only Tesla owners I know) other than myself who have had zero issues with Tesla. I've used the Service Center a few times with no problems. Some people have a bad experience, others do not. There is certainly room for improvement especially with customer communications, but it is not has bad as it is being portrayed in this thread.

That's the Tesla gamble. Everyone's build quality and experiences differ with Tesla, but overall I think most would agree that Tesla's communication and operations is a complete crap.

I'm at Tesla homebase (20 miles away from Fremont) and OP is in Spain. Depending on how far the service center is from OP and high change of poor build, OP probably in for a bad time.

Reactions: Ifernbol
That's the Tesla gamble. Everyone's build quality and experiences differ with Tesla, but overall I think most would agree that Tesla's communication and operations is a complete crap.

I'm at Tesla homebase (20 miles away from Fremont) and OP is in Spain. Depending on how far the service center is from OP and high change of poor build, OP probably in for a bad time.[/QUOTE

I'm at Tesla homebase (20 miles away from Fremont) and OP is in Spain. Depending on how far the service center is from OP and high change of poor build, OP probably in for a bad time.
There is not a high chance of poor build. You don’t get such a high Consumer Reports satisfaction score if the cars are built like crap. The majority of people would not rate it highly. Aside from obvious communications issues and customer service snafus, the claiming of poor build quality is getting out of control.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
There is not a high chance of poor build. You don’t get such a high Consumer Reports satisfaction score if the cars are built like crap. The majority of people would not rate it highly. Aside from obvious communications issues and customer service snafus, the claiming of poor build quality is getting out of control.

Lol inventory cars are in inventory usually for a reason.

Reactions: GreenT