Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISO Tips for Driving with Cameras (drive-by-wire?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I come directly from a late90's model Civic to a 2023 Model Y. No, I won't unreasonably expect Tesla to meet such a high standard (wink emoji here) but you can't see a dang thing that's not in the front half of my new Model Y. The visibility just sucks sucks sucks (yes I knew that, not looking for sympathy). So, for the luddites like me, who have never used a car with a camera, proximity detectors, farts or light shows, or verbal instructions, I would much appreciate suggestions and directions for navigating difficult backup situations.

I'm looking for an instruction manual like you might give to a new driver. In cars where you can see out the back, you instruct, to back up:
1) turn your body and head all the way around and get a sense of where to go, what you might hit, and triple check for pedestrians and dogs
2) back up looking in the rearview mirror to best see where you are going and drive at the same time.

What is the comparable hints/tips/instructions for difficult situations, especially backing up, in a model Y? How would you re-write the instructions above to optimize characteristics of the model Y and the cameras?

I'm determined to stop winjing (sp?) and master this.

Thanks much and have a happy new year.

-TPC

-----------
Finally, received MY pearl white 19" wheels yesterday