Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.... So what's the deal with the refuge camp bombing? Israel says a high commander was hiding out within the civilians, so the best method is bombing the whole place?

I get Israel is a bit in a hard place given Hamas uses civilians as shields and using places like hospitals to store ammo and launch attacks from, but why can't Israel get these people to fall out of windows vs blowing up the whole camp to get one person?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Ok.... So what's the deal with the refuge camp bombing? Israel says a high commander was hiding out within the civilians, so the best method is bombing the whole place?

I get Israel is a bit in a hard place given Hamas uses civilians as shields and using places like hospitals to store ammo and launch attacks from, but why can't Israel get these people to fall out of windows vs blowing up the whole camp to get one person?
Probably wise to wait 24-48 hours before responding to ANY claims made by Hamas. Would anyone in the West take what Al Qaeda or ISIS says as Gospel?

Also, many reports this week of secondary explosions in tunnels and sinkholes causing additional casualties.

Probably wise to wait 24-48 hours before responding to ANY claims made by Hamas. Would anyone in the West take what Al Qaeda or ISIS says as Gospel?

Also, many reports this week of secondary explosions in tunnels and sinkholes causing additional casualties.

Hence why I was coming here if there was more reports about it outside of the media is saying.

How the media is reporting it is the IDF confirms the strike.

This quote taken for what it says and if it isn't missing context( I know CNN.....) is not a good look for Israel.

Lt. Col. Richard Hecht of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) told CNN that the airstrike was targeting a Hamas commander, whom he accused of “hiding, as they do, behind civilians.” Civilian deaths, Hecht also said, are “the tragedy of war.”

Hamas is of course denying the target was never there( grain of salt of course).

But the media talking about it and statements from the IDF is definitely making it sound like they accepted tons of refuges killed to go after one person.

Musk has posted and reposted Jew-hatred on Twitter.
Musk has offered indirect support to terrorists.
I'm done doing business with him.

I watch the coverage of the war in mainstream and liberal media, and I am horrified. I canceled my New York Times subscription.

I don't expect to change the antisemites here into reasonable people. It's hard enough teaching morality to somebody in person. I cannot teach morality over an internet forum, and I'm not going to try.

It just comes down to this old joke: What do you call ten people willingly breaking bread with one Nazi? Eleven Nazis.

Musk has posted and reposted Jew-hatred on Twitter.
Musk has offered indirect support to terrorists.
I'm done doing business with him.

I watch the coverage of the war in mainstream and liberal media, and I am horrified. I canceled my New York Times subscription.

I don't expect to change the antisemites here into reasonable people. It's hard enough teaching morality to somebody in person. I cannot teach morality over an internet forum, and I'm not going to try.

It just comes down to this old joke: What do you call ten people willingly breaking bread with one Nazi? Eleven Nazis.
Elon has stated most of his friends are jewish. He has two kids with Zhivon Zilis who is almost certainly Jewish.

Elon Musk: I'm aspirationally Jewish and 'pro-semitic'

The most pro-semite thing you can do is ensure Jews are not stained with the deaths of 10,000s of Palestines unnecessarily.

It is the same in Ukraine. He has helped Ukraine only but is labelled a Putin apologist.

Elon has stated most of his friends are jewish. He has two kids with Zhivon Zilis who is almost certainly Jewish.

Elon Musk: I'm aspirationally Jewish and 'pro-semitic'

The most pro-semite thing you can do is ensure Jews are not stained with the deaths of 10,000s of Palestines unnecessarily.

It is the same in Ukraine. He has helped Ukraine only but is labelled a Putin apologist.

The current battles in both Ukraine and Israel are between extinctionists and people who are trying to not be extinguished.

When the bullets are flying anyone trying to be a humanist is just going to get shot.

Israel has made a lot of mistakes in their dealings with the Palestinians over the years. They don't have clean hands. But their enemy has declared they will not rest until every Israeli is dead. When the other side's only victory condition is your death, there really isn't much room for negotiation.

As I've said before, the Israel-Palestine situation is a putrid, fetid mess of the greatest magnitude. I don't see a long term solution both sides are going to agree to. Of course the two state solution is the best one any outsider with a few brain cells to rub together can conclude, but the two parties actually fighting each other don't want that. Especially a large enough portion of the Palestinian population to make any two state solution impossible.

Short term Israel was attacked and they need to deal with the attackers. But the attackers have set up a situation that makes it impossible for Israel to root them out without killing a lot of civilians and looking like monsters.

Not all problems can be solved with more bullets. Would taking Hamas personnel prisoners actually deter more joining as jihad wouldn't be on offer? Seal/SAS training plus learning iteratively over a year or two of operations would minimise Israeli deaths.

I actually am not a big fan of the word humanist. Maintaining a green planet seems important for humans too. I'm not a vegan but a humanist philosophy on its own could bring about a dystopian Bladerunner world. Which we will perhaps get whatever. I'm sure most humanists would agree but words (titles and missions) matter.

Not all problems can be solved with more bullets. Would taking Hamas personnel prisoners actually deter more joining as jihad wouldn't be on offer? Seal/SAS training plus learning iteratively over a year or two of operations would minimise Israeli deaths.

I actually am not a big fan of the word humanist. Maintaining a green planet seems important for humans too. I'm not a vegan but a humanist philosophy on its own could bring about a dystopian Bladerunner world. Which we will perhaps get whatever. I'm sure most humanists would agree but words (titles and missions) matter.

Probably because I've studied so much military history, war is usually a bad option for most problems. The only time when war is justified IMO is when somebody has attacked you and you need to defend yourself. In the post WW II period a few countries have gained something after starting a war, but it usually ends badly for the aggressor.

When dealing with someone who is an aggressor who has rigid and unacceptable victory conditions, bullets are the only answer until the other guys change their minds or run out of the ability to fight.

I came across this guy lately. He testified as an expert witness in a trial I'm following. His name is Dr. Pete Simi and he's one of the top experts in the US on hate groups.

His focus is primarily on US hate groups, but he also talks some about international terrorist groups. He's looking at why people join these groups and why people leave. It's an emerging area of Psychology and Sociology. It's just as applicable to Hamas as it is groups in the US, Germany, the UK or other western countries.

Probably because I've studied so much military history, war is usually a bad option for most problems. The only time when war is justified IMO is when somebody has attacked you and you need to defend yourself. In the post WW II period a few countries have gained something after starting a war, but it usually ends badly for the aggressor.

When dealing with someone who is an aggressor who has rigid and unacceptable victory conditions, bullets are the only answer until the other guys change their minds or run out of the ability to fight.

I came across this guy lately. He testified as an expert witness in a trial I'm following. His name is Dr. Pete Simi and he's one of the top experts in the US on hate groups.

His focus is primarily on US hate groups, but he also talks some about international terrorist groups. He's looking at why people join these groups and why people leave. It's an emerging area of Psychology and Sociology. It's just as applicable to Hamas as it is groups in the US, Germany, the UK or other western countries.
I agree with this. I just saw this interview clip of the Hamas leader come up in my X feed. Blatant and proud statement, that they will repeat the Oct 7th attack again and again until all Israel is gone. Israel can’t negotiate with such people. I saw reports yesterday of a meeting in Saudi Arabia, where all Arab nations refused to take the Palestinians. The Arab nations understand that the ideology is so deeply ingrained that it will require a massive effort to undo, and the risk of attacks within their countries is great. I am certain there are some Palestinians who do not support Hamas, but the extremists and Hamas must be rooted out. And since Hamas purposely embeds its armaments, command structure, and fighters in civilian areas, there is no way to avoid some level of casualties.

I agree with this. I just saw this interview clip of the Hamas leader come up in my X feed. Blatant and proud statement, that they will repeat the Oct 7th attack again and again until all Israel is gone. Israel can’t negotiate with such people. I saw reports yesterday of a meeting in Saudi Arabia, where all Arab nations refused to take the Palestinians. The Arab nations understand that the ideology is so deeply ingrained that it will require a massive effort to undo, and the risk of attacks within their countries is great. I am certain there are some Palestinians who do not support Hamas, but the extremists and Hamas must be rooted out. And since Hamas purposely embeds its armaments, command structure, and fighters in civilian areas, there is no way to avoid some level of casualties.
Call them ISIS. Call them Nazis. Call them Hamas. They're all the same. No amount of evidence will change the hatred, and the odds of peeling away a supporter are slim at best.

As for Musk, the guy contradicts himself seventeen times an hour. Anybody can cherry pick through the garbage he spews while ignoring the rest. That takes no talent. It's just the typical cultist mentality. No thanks.

Difference is that Hamas specifically targeted innocents at a music festival and civilians in their raid into Israel. They kidnapped children and adults to use as bargaining chips for the expected reprocutions. They viciously murdered babies and their Mothers. Their intentions was not to go after the Israel army, but to kill those who rushed in to protect their civilians.

This differers greatly from the Israel response. Their military is going after Hamas, their leaders and weapons. They are taking great care to warn away the civilians, but Hamas hides within those people, using them as disposable human shields.

Hamas claims that they are innocent victims, simply struggling to stay alive, but they are anything but that.

Call them ISIS. Call them Nazis. Call them Hamas. They're all the same. No amount of evidence will change the hatred, and the odds of peeling away a supporter are slim at best.

As for Musk, the guy contradicts himself seventeen times an hour. Anybody can cherry pick through the garbage he spews while ignoring the rest. That takes no talent. It's just the typical cultist mentality. No thanks.
We agree except I’ve not given up on Elon. I’m not going to rationalize the negative things he’s posted, or done. Separately, I see lots of positive things. Some people you can quickly decide are irredeemable. For me, that’s not the case here. At the same time, I will strongly advocate against positions/statements that he takes which I believe to be wrong and/or harmful. Not trying to change your view.

Our message to the herds of settlers
We’re waiting for you in all the cities of the West Bank, from Hebron to Jenin
We will slaughter you and you will say that
What Hitler did to you was a joke
We will drink your blood and eat your skulls
Come on, let’s go, we’re waiting for you.

Image capture of Instagram post in the article. Alas, since it isn't on X, the hate speech has been blocked.

But honestly, compared to baking a baby in an oven, this is weak stuff.

Reactions: FireFighterHil
'We will repeat October 7 again and again' - Hamas official who was recently interviewed by the BBC, now talking to the Lebanese.

Article

Video

No, bro. You won't. Israel will kill you and all your ilk first, not because they want to but because you and your ilk are terrorists who need to be put down before you all kill others. Rabid dogs don't get cuddles. If you decide to build your bases in and under mosques, schools, and hospitals filled with women and children, what happens next is on your soul, not anybody else's. If you decide to give up hostages, give up murder, give up rape, give up war, and turn yourself in, then you will be dealt with as the criminal you are.

This is the way.