Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is "Heritage Minister" the person in charge of nukes in Israel?

You do realize that NutinYahoo needs some truly wacked out nutjob parties to keep him in the role of PM and out of prison? Would media ask Miguel Cardona if the US was planning to nuke Canada? This was a setup to get the extreme right wing nutjob views out there. And they are definitely "out there".

So a greater likelihood of WW3 is somehow optimistic? Sheesh. Somebody must have their bunker fully stocked. :)
Don't you have blackout shades on your windows and a wooden desk to hide under. In grammar school we knew that would save us from nuclear fallout. Maybe not a direct hit though.

You need to practice your Duck and Cover skills.

This video claims that Israel special forces grabbed documents and maps showing HAMAS positions and tunnels and that the Israeli airforce took out the concentrations of Hamas forces as well as bunker buster missiles to take out the tunnels.
Yes I saw a twitter post showing some weapons taken from captured Hamas operatives and a map, which was stated to be a map of the Gaza tunnels.

The tweet I’m copying indicates that the IDF is now blowing them up.

This is alleged at this point, but it is stirring up a hornet’s nest on X. Article questioning how 4 photojournalists reporting for CNN, AP, REUTERS, and The New York Times happened to be at the border between Gaza and Israel at just the right time to take pictures of Hamas attack. Implication is that they knew in advance and didn’t share that information..

This is not the X thread, but I have to say, the ability to get information out real-time and weigh the pluses and minuses of it is hands down better than MSM. This forum/thread is even better:)

Replies are universally pro Palestine and disappointed in RFK.

And you were ever impressed by RFK? The guy makes Nigel Farage look like a master statesman.

This is alleged at this point, but it is stirring up a hornet’s nest on X. Article questioning how 4 photojournalists reporting for CNN, AP, REUTERS, and The New York Times happened to be at the border between Gaza and Israel at just the right time to take pictures of Hamas attack. Implication is that they knew in advance and didn’t share that information..

This is not the X thread, but I have to say, the ability to get information out real-time and weigh the pluses and minuses of it is hands down better than MSM. This forum/thread is even better:)

The way Israel was asleep at the wheel, warnings from journalists may not have been heeded.

Journalists in that sort of position are in a tough spot. On the one hand they have access to some very timely news stories, but their sources will dry up if they publish information that their sources don't want published, or tell the authorities things they know ahead of time. Reporters covering organized crime have the same sort of problems. They may know information that could break open a case against the crime organization, but if they tell the authorities what they know, nobody in a shady position will ever trust them again.

Of course just like how the US moved the Pacific fleet to Pearl and our carriers were away that day also meant FDR knew about the Japanese attack on Pearl and ignored it because he wanted into WWII.

It's unknown to history whether FDR did know or not, but the battleships were the backbone to the US force in the Pacific at the time. The carriers were considered auxiliary vessels supporting the battleship line until after Pearl Harbor. Making carriers the centerpiece of naval strategy was not in the forefront of US naval planners at the start of the war. It became that out of necessity.

It's highly likely that the carriers being at sea during the attack was just a lucky coincidence. The Enterprise was close enough to Pearl Harbor when the attack happened that she could have been attacked. Carriers launch their air groups to land on land bases before coming into port. The first aircraft from her air group arrived at Pearl Harbor just after the second Japanese attack ended and some planes were shot down by hyper active gunners. To keep the carrier safe she was kept at sea another day.

Because the US knew war was coming, the carriers were being used to ferry contingents of Marine fighters to US held islands west of Pearl Harbor. The Lexington was returning from Midway island after delivering some Marine SB2U Vindicator (dive bombers) and the Enterprise was on its way back from Wake after delivering some Marine F4F Wildcats. If the Japanese had been flying search patrols along the Hawaiian islands chain they would have found the Lexington near Midway.

If the US had been trying to ensure the carriers were safe and knew the Japanese plan of attack, they would have sent the carriers off on a different vector. If the Japanese had been searching for ships at sea it was possible to find the Enterprise and Lexington that morning.

The Saratoga, the third carrier in the Pacific fleet was headed for San Diego after some dry dock work in Bremerton. The Saratoga missed most of the battles of 1942 due to a string of bad luck. In January 1942 she was torpedoed by a Japanese sub near Pearl Harbor and spent the next 5 months undergoing repairs in San Diego. Repairs took her out of action for Coral Sea and Midway. She was involved in the early operations at Guadalcanal, but was torpedoed again by a sub 1 month into the campaign.

It's unknown to history whether FDR did know or not, but the battleships were the backbone to the US force in the Pacific at the time. The carriers were considered auxiliary vessels supporting the battleship line until after Pearl Harbor. Making carriers the centerpiece of naval strategy was not in the forefront of US naval planners at the start of the war. It became that out of necessity.

It's highly likely that the carriers being at sea during the attack was just a lucky coincidence. The Enterprise was close enough to Pearl Harbor when the attack happened that she could have been attacked. Carriers launch their air groups to land on land bases before coming into port. The first aircraft from her air group arrived at Pearl Harbor just after the second Japanese attack ended and some planes were shot down by hyper active gunners. To keep the carrier safe she was kept at sea another day.

Because the US knew war was coming, the carriers were being used to ferry contingents of Marine fighters to US held islands west of Pearl Harbor. The Lexington was returning from Midway island after delivering some Marine SB2U Vindicator (dive bombers) and the Enterprise was on its way back from Wake after delivering some Marine F4F Wildcats. If the Japanese had been flying search patrols along the Hawaiian islands chain they would have found the Lexington near Midway.

If the US had been trying to ensure the carriers were safe and knew the Japanese plan of attack, they would have sent the carriers off on a different vector. If the Japanese had been searching for ships at sea it was possible to find the Enterprise and Lexington that morning.

The Saratoga, the third carrier in the Pacific fleet was headed for San Diego after some dry dock work in Bremerton. The Saratoga missed most of the battles of 1942 due to a string of bad luck. In January 1942 she was torpedoed by a Japanese sub near Pearl Harbor and spent the next 5 months undergoing repairs in San Diego. Repairs took her out of action for Coral Sea and Midway. She was involved in the early operations at Guadalcanal, but was torpedoed again by a sub 1 month into the campaign.

Yep.

I was just making fun of the conspiracy theory skip posted about having journalists in position for the Hamas attack to alluding to the conspiracy about the Pearl Harbor attack.

Yep.

I was just making fun of the conspiracy theory skip posted about having journalists in position for the Hamas attack to alluding to the conspiracy about the Pearl Harbor attack.
Thanks @Quagmire2, I caveated the post, because it was a little too audacious. As it turns out, more information has emerged, that suggests the journalists were freelancers, which seems more reasonable. As I noted in the last paragraph, this is one of the things I find beneficial about X/twitter. It’s just a little too noisy. This thread has a higher S/N ratio.

Here’s the clarification post from X. This poster is one I follow regularly and usually has reliable information.

P.S. Good guess on the name btw.

Thanks @Quagmire2, I caveated the post, because it was a little too audacious. As it turns out, more information has emerged, that suggests the journalists were freelancers, which seems more reasonable. As I noted in the last paragraph, this is one of the things I find beneficial about X/twitter. It’s just a little too noisy. This thread has a higher S/N ratio.

Here’s the clarification post from X. This poster is one I follow regularly and usually has reliable information.

P.S. Good guess on the name btw.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't directing it to you, but just at the conspiracy theory itself.

It's just funny what seems to gain traction on X/Twitter, tiktok, etc. These people post a lot of skepticism towards the MSM, etc as just being "puppets", but don't put any thought into some random person with no quals posting crap like that and believe it without the same skepticism.

Journalists in that sort of position are in a tough spot. On the one hand they have access to some very timely news stories, but their sources will dry up if they publish information that their sources don't want published, or tell the authorities things they know ahead of time. Reporters covering organized crime have the same sort of problems. They may know information that could break open a case against the crime organization, but if they tell the authorities what they know, nobody in a shady position will ever trust them again.
I get it that it is near impossible to be a reporter in Gaza with Hamas running the place and threatening your life if you don't toe the line.

But if reporters are not free to "report" the truth - it is worse than useless and does real harm as most of the world will still take their reporting as Gospel and believe all the Hamas propaganda. AP, Reuters, AFP, CNN.....have been using local stringers for years that routinely ape Hamas messaging and claims to vilify Israel.

With garbage reporting like this, it is no wonder why millions of good people around the world instantly leap to their feet to march and riot against Israel within hours of Israel suffering most brutal, disgusting and massive terrorist attack any country has seen in modern times.

Yes I saw this. At this point, there are enough people looking under the covers, that I feel confident, the truth one way or the other will come out. Speaking of the truth, there are some posters that track this conflict and specialize in fact checking, and will label a video “FALSE” with evidence when they identify it.