Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying UNRWA gave the order to those 12 aid workers to ALLEGEDLY take part in oct 7th? Or did they act on their own?

Cutting funding with this excuse is collective punishment which is a war crime.
Of course not!!

And the fact that you would suggest that is what *I* am thinking is what is so offensive about your posts.
The world is not black and white and as long as you insist on maligning and misinterpreting everything other people say so that you can justify disagreeing with them, YOU are part of the problem.

If the UNWR was responsibly monitoring their employees, their employees would not have terrorized innocent Israeli citizens and we would not have videos Palestinian children in UNWR schools being taught to hate. If they're not responsible with the funds they are given, they don't get more funds. It's really that simple.

Reactions: madodel
In Hebron, Israeli soldier beating a Palestinian kid. Most moral army never rests.
You are posting another video without any context. What was the kid doing right before? We all know that many Palestinian schools and parents teach/encourage their kids to go right up to IDF soldiers to harass them or throw rocks. Par for the course for militant Palestinians to use children as human shields both for terrorist and propaganda purposes.

Of course not!!

And the fact that you would suggest that is what *I* am thinking is what is so offensive about your posts.
The world is not black and white and as long as you insist on maligning and misinterpreting everything other people say so that you can justify disagreeing with them, YOU are part of the problem.

If the UNWR was responsibly monitoring their employees, their employees would not have terrorized innocent Israeli citizens and we would not have videos Palestinian children in UNWR schools being taught to hate. If they're not responsible with the funds they are given, they don't get more funds. It's really that simple.
My posts are trying to show that things are not black and white. Many people posting here suggesting that all Gazans, including children, are terrorists.

Back to UNWRA, you are setting a bar that is impossible to meet. They have 13000 employees in Gaza, and I believe another 30000 (or maybe total of 30000) in other countries where Palestinian refugees live. Can you apply the same logic to say governments social programs? Or let's say school districts. If there is one bad teacher, should we defund the whole school district? This is illogical to me.

Also, let's get the story right. We know Israel hates UNWRA, they said it so. Couple days ago in their parliament there was a discussion on how they should end it. Why? Because it gives Palestinians hope. Eliminate UNWRA, so you can really put the pressure on them and ethnically cleanse them.

Reactions: Just a Reader
We all know that many Palestinian schools and parents teach/encourage their kids to go right up to IDF soldiers to harass them or throw rocks. Par for the course for militant Palestinians to use children as human shields both for terrorist and propaganda purposes.

And what is the context in this video? What is Israeli army doing in Palestinian lands?
What would you teach your kids if your land was invaded? Love the invading army? I'm not suggesting involving kids is the right thing here, but a really f**ked up situation has been created. So you get equally f**ked up responses.

You are posting another video without any context. What was the kid doing right before?
What can he be doing? What is the soldier doing there?

My posts are trying to show that things are not black and white. Many people posting here suggesting that all Gazans, including children, are terrorists.

Back to UNWRA, you are setting a bar that is impossible to meet. They have 13000 employees in Gaza, and I believe another 30000 (or maybe total of 30000) in other countries where Palestinian refugees live. Can you apply the same logic to say governments social programs? Or let's say school districts. If there is one bad teacher, should we defund the whole school district? This is illogical to me.

Also, let's get the story right. We know Israel hates UNWRA, they said it so. Couple days ago in their parliament there was a discussion on how they should end it. Why? Because it gives Palestinians hope. Eliminate UNWRA, so you can really put the pressure on them and ethnically cleanse them.
No, actually, that's not what you're doing.

You're trolling and engaging in strawman and ad hominem fallacies.
You are putting words into people's mouths so you can attack them and discount them.

Nobody here has EVER said "all Gazans, including children, are terrorists."
Nobody here has EVER even said "all Gazans are terrorists"

This will get the usual suspects upset.

They don't want Israel using "dumb" bombs that can harm innocent civilians, and they also complain when the IDF target top Islamist terrorists going door to door without getting a single civilian harmed.

Well, in times past governments that claimed to be democratic tried to arrest people, even terrorists, instead of simply sending a hit squad. Even dictatorships often used to be ashamed to admit to have ordered a hit and claimed that people had been shot "while trying to escape" or died "because they fell off a chair". This here is rather comparable to death squads sent by Latin American juntas or something the cartels would do.
Why should anyone respect such a country?

No, actually, that's not what you're doing.

You're trolling and engaging in strawman and ad hominem fallacies.
You are putting words into people's mouths so you can attack them and discount them.
I actually went back and read some of the things I wrote. Most of the time, I refute claims, ask for clarification of claims, or share information on Israel's activities, human rights reports, or Israeli newspaper articles etc.

Please show me where I attacked someone. I definitely "attack" false claims and question them. But I try not to attack people, because that is not the right way of arguing.

You are correct though, I was aggressive towards you in my answer to your initial post and put words in your mouth. I apologize for that. I was (and still am) very angry about cutting funding to UNRWA. It is insanity.

Nobody here has EVER said "all Gazans, including children, are terrorists."
Nobody here has EVER even said "all Gazans are terrorists"
Please refer to collection below:

Gaza will never have peace by continually attacking their neighbors, planning and waging rape jihad, instead of educating their children (girls too) to be productive humans and contribute something of value to this world instead of being martyrs for the next world.

These people have been fed endless hate of Jews for 80 years. They can't accept anything except the total destruction of Israel and the murdering rapists take advantage of that to stay in power and steal all the funds that were supposed to improve the lives of the Palestinian people.

Sadly, I think this radical element is the majority of the population.

Look at this video of all these seemingly moderate and cosmopolitan Palestinians in the West Bank simply refusing to accept having any Jews living inside modern day Israel.
If you ask an average Palestinian (in the videos I linked above), they want to move all the Jews back to Germany, Poland and the US.
We need to stop acting like Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank have absolutely no agency and are just victims of Hamas, PA or the IDF.

Last edited:
NY Times forced to pull hamas mass rape story from podcast after groups fact check the claims.
I kept saying, there may be rape, but the narrative of mass rape (and mass torture) has no proof. Eventually, truth comes to light. But unfortunately, the damage is done.. lies already spread, and skewed average people's judgement.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
NY Times forced to pull hamas mass rape story from podcast after groups fact check the claims.
I kept saying, there may be rape, but the narrative of mass rape (and mass torture) has no proof. Eventually, truth comes to light. But unfortunately, the damage is done.. lies already spread, and skewed average people's judgement.

So you have Max freaking Blumenthal basically calling all of the victims and eye witnesses liars - and that is enough for the New York Times to pull a podcast? I notice they haven't retracted their story though. As if 50% less rape on 10/7 would make a meaningful difference?

Robbie Soave midway through basically asks: "what about all of the video I have personally seen of dead girls in various states of undress and hands tied behind their backs?" To which Max Blumenthal promptly changes the subject and starts calling out "Sgt G" about another rape claim.

I actually went back and read some of the things I wrote. Most of the time, I refute claims, ask for clarification of claims, or share information on Israel's activities, human rights reports, or Israeli newspaper articles etc.

I understand and empathize with your frustration about cutting funding to UNRWA, but if you're paying a doctor to heal you and that doctor is making things worse, you'd switch doctors, wouldn't you? Same thing with UNWRA - allowing employees to murder/rape/terrorize innocent civilians is beyond the pale. That's pretty gross negligence. They have one job to do: improve the lives of Palestinian refugees and instead, they instigated the destruction of Gaza. How can you *not* realize that Israel had no choice but to defend itself after that terrorist attack? This is basically "suicide by cop" at a national level. And UNWRA *was* an accomplice if their very employees participated, and also if the education they supported included the kind of hateful indoctrination that madodel and indysurfer have shown.

Looking at the quotes you pulled up and your assertion that you "share info on Israel's..." I think the bigger problem is that you conflate the extremist minority leadership of Israel with ALL Israel, and fail to distinguish between Hamas (leadership of Gaza) and Gaza citizens (who happened to have elected Hamas as their leadership) and Palestinians who don't support Hamas. What the split is between Hamas supporters and "innocent Palestinian victims" is hard to discern. In each of the quotes you pulled, you've left out the context, and failed to see that you do the same thing, only worse.

Please refer to collection below:

Gaza will never have peace by continually attacking their neighbors, planning and waging rape jihad, instead of educating their children (girls too) to be productive humans and contribute something of value to this world instead of being martyrs for the next world.

This is just a true statement. If a nation continues to terrorize its neighbors, they are waging war and will not have peace. Gazans elected Hamas to lead them into war. Bad choice. Very bad choice. As long as history has been written down, and probably before, innocent (and complicit) citizens have been led into war and paid the ultimate price for their leaders' bad decisions. War sucks. That's why most civilized nations try to avoid it. Terrorist attacks on neighboring countries (Germany and Japan in WW2, Russia in February 2022, Gaza 10/7/23) commits the aggressor nations and the victim nations to warfare.
Why do you have trouble understanding this principle? It doesn't mean Israel was blameless, and yes, Israel has had better leaders who were more encouraging of peaceful solutions, but from what I'm hearing, the current leadership will be gone as soon as possible precisely because a lot of Israeli citizens would rather not have a hawkish extremist. In fact, if I recall correctly, before the terrorist attacks, there were demonstrations against him.

These people have been fed endless hate of Jews for 80 years. They can't accept anything except the total destruction of Israel and the murdering rapists take advantage of that to stay in power and steal all the funds that were supposed to improve the lives of the Palestinian people.

This is why Gazans made that very bad choice. You're also taking this statement out of context, it is actually explaining why the "average Palestinian" in a specific video held certain opinions.

Sadly, I think this radical element is the majority of the population.

Look at this video of all these seemingly moderate and cosmopolitan Palestinians in the West Bank simply refusing to accept having any Jews living inside modern day Israel.
If you ask an average Palestinian (in the videos I linked above), they want to move all the Jews back to Germany, Poland and the US.
We need to stop acting like Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank have absolutely no agency and are just victims of Hamas, PA or the IDF.

First quote perfectly points out the distinction that you're missing. Indysurfer does not equate the "radical element" to "all Gazans", but believes they are the majority. Since the majority of Gazans apparently voted for Hamas, and based on the polls I've heard, this is a reasonable opinion.

Simplistically looking at the leadership of each country and blaming all the citizens for the mistakes/flaws of the leader is fine if you do it BOTH ways.

But it's still not a useful or helpful debate or discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: indysurfer
So you have Max freaking Blumenthal basically calling all of the victims and eye witnesses liars - and that is enough for the New York Times to pull a podcast? I notice they haven't retracted their story though. As if 50% less rape on 10/7 would make a meaningful difference?

Robbie Soave midway through basically asks: "what about all of the video I have personally seen of dead girls in various states of undress and hands tied behind their backs?" To which Max Blumenthal promptly changes the subject and starts calling out "Sgt G" about another rape claim.
Ouch, yeah, n/k. Looks like he's been on the payroll for Russia and Iran for quite some time.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate