Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Israel’s strategic corridor in Gaza reveals about its postwar plans

Israeli troops are fortifying a strategic corridor that carves Gaza in two, building bases, taking over civilian structures and razing homes, according to satellite imagery and other visual evidence — an effort that military analysts and Israeli experts say is part of a large-scale project to reshape the Strip and entrench the Israeli military presence there.

The Netzarim Corridor is a four-mile-long road just south of Gaza City that runs from east to west, stretching from the Israeli border to the Mediterranean Sea. Hamas has made Israel’s withdrawal from the area a central demand in cease-fire negotiations.

My parents paid for my schooling, but I did two years of CC. As did my wife. As did my daughter. Not sure what my son will do. AP tests are over, so he has to decide soon if he's going to stick around for senior year or not. But we digress.

I was fortunate to go to a Cal State when fees were around $250 a quarter. My parents moved just up the road from Cal Poly, SLO just after I left high school so I lived at home and commuted. I did graduate debt free, but that's very difficult these days.

The pier is complete. Hopefully the US will inspect all shipments and stop weaponry from coming in.

That will help bring in humanitarian aid.

That will completely isolate northern Gaza. Southern Gaza has the Egyptian border.

As expected, Israel will occupy Gaza and then grind away at Hamas until Hamas are powerless or all dead. The border with Egypt will be blocked. The people of Gaza will remain defiant and fight back, because they hate the Jews more than they love their own children, and so they will choose to suffer terribly. They complained of an "open air prison," which was laughable. Now they will experience actual occupation, since they pissed away 30 years of freedom and billions upon billions of dollars in their religious hatred. Meanwhile, the liberal democracy of Israel will carry on but a bit less liberally. The internal arguments over "settlers" have essentially ended. Israel may even close off all of southern Gaza, forcing the Gazans into a smaller enclave in the north while allowing anybody who wants to leave to do so permanently. Of course pretty much nowhere in the world would want a Palestinian refugee, and that goes triply so for the Arab nations. Then Kushner will get his seaside condos. Breaking the entire strip up into a few enclaves is also possible.

Israel wouldn't do this if they thought peace was possible, but the Gazans' actions of the last 30 years proved peace is impossible. Hamas killed 1200 Jews on October 7th, but even more profoundly, they killed the Israeli left. They may have also gotten Donald Trump elected, and Trump will absolutely give Netanyahu a free hand in Gaza. Bibi has until October of 2026 as long as he keeps his coallition together, and staying aggressive is the best way he can do so. He just has to survive Biden, and he's managing to do just that.

As expected, Israel will occupy Gaza and then grind away at Hamas until Hamas are powerless or all dead. The border with Egypt will be blocked. The people of Gaza will remain defiant and fight back, because they hate the Jews more than they love their own children, and so they will choose to suffer terribly. They complained of an "open air prison," which was laughable. Now they will experience actual occupation, since they pissed away 30 years of freedom and billions upon billions of dollars in their religious hatred. Meanwhile, the liberal democracy of Israel will carry on but a bit less liberally. The internal arguments over "settlers" have essentially ended. Israel may even close off all of southern Gaza, forcing the Gazans into a smaller enclave in the north while allowing anybody who wants to leave to do so permanently. Of course pretty much nowhere in the world would want a Palestinian refugee, and that goes triply so for the Arab nations. Then Kushner will get his seaside condos. Breaking the entire strip up into a few enclaves is also possible.

Israel wouldn't do this if they thought peace was possible, but the Gazans' actions of the last 30 years proved peace is impossible. Hamas killed 1200 Jews on October 7th, but even more profoundly, they killed the Israeli left. They may have also gotten Donald Trump elected, and Trump will absolutely give Netanyahu a free hand in Gaza. Bibi has until October of 2026 as long as he keeps his coallition together, and staying aggressive is the best way he can do so. He just has to survive Biden, and he's managing to do just that.
💯

Gazans will now really understand what an open air prison really is. They squandered the freedom, self rule and all the aid that was bested on them for nearly 20 years.

Hate is deeply ingrained in their veins, thru systematic injection of antisemitism since childhood. But that is pretty much true of Islamic cultures in many parts of the world. I have seen videos of young Pakistani kids proudly expressing their dream and ambition of killing Hindus when they grow up.

Hope Trump wins and strengthens Bibi’s hand to end this problem once for all.

Interesting that most all the college protests look identical. Same tents, same chants, same garb, same signs, same news coverage, and same outrage.

Looks to me to be a bit contrived and professionally produced, than a spontaneous student led demonstration.

They rarely allow back and forth conversations or open discussion.
Most of those protestors are paid to be there, they CANT have open discussion because they don’t truly hold an opinion on the issue, they’re just there to collect a paycheck.

I always assume Anyone wearing a mask and hiding their identity at a protest is being paid to be there. They don’t want to be personally tied to the issue

As the IDF is clearing tunnels in Rafah they are finding bodies of hostages. So far 4 hostage bodies have been recovered. And the IDF said they had actually been killed on October 7th and Hamas took their bodies to Gaza.

IDF recovers bodies of four hostages held by Hamas in Gaza

IDF spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a statement that according to "credible and verified" information, the three people were killed by Hamas militants while escaping the Nova music festival on Oct. 7 and their bodies were taken to Gaza.

Most of those protestors are paid to be there, they CANT have open discussion because they don’t truly hold an opinion on the issue, they’re just there to collect a paycheck.

I always assume Anyone wearing a mask and hiding their identity at a protest is being paid to be there. They don’t want to be personally tied to the issue

Some of the protesters are paid plants, but it probably isn't "most". All it takes is a few to throw the movement into disrepute.

As for the similarity of the tents, John Oliver answered that question a few weeks ago. If you go to Amazon and look for their cheapest tent, up comes exactly the tent most of the protesters are using.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Some of the protesters are paid plants, but it probably isn't "most". All it takes is a few to throw the movement into disrepute.

As for the similarity of the tents, John Oliver answered that question a few weeks ago. If you go to Amazon and look for their cheapest tent, up comes exactly the tent most of the protesters are using.
My mistake, I wasn’t clear
I meant most of the ones who cover their face.

I consider your post as an open request for ethnic cleansing and genocide. I was aware of Musk veering far to the right, yet I wasn't aware that some Tesla drivers not only have followed, but far surpassed him on that trip.
That’s a little unfair to Musk. He liked this post from his Jewish friend, David Sacks, who called the Gaza ”war” as Israel’s Vietnam.

Last edited:
💯

Gazans will now really understand what an open air prison really is. They squandered the freedom, self rule and all the aid that was bested on them for nearly 20 years.

Hate is deeply ingrained in their veins, thru systematic injection of antisemitism since childhood. But that is pretty much true of Islamic cultures in many parts of the world. I have seen videos of young Pakistani kids proudly expressing their dream and ambition of killing Hindus when they grow up.

Hope Trump wins and strengthens Bibi’s hand to end this problem once for all.
I was not expressing what I want or hope, just what I think will happen.

Gantz has demanded that Netanyahu agree to specific goals that Gantz wants. I honestly don't know where this will lead, but Netanyahu and Gantz are pretty close on goals, methinks.

That’s a little unfair to Musk. He liked this post from his Jewish friend, David Sacks, who called the Gaza ”war” as Israel’s Vietnam.

Losing in Vietnam did not cost the US its existence. Hamas is dedicated to erasing Israel. Whether it is now or in the future the extremist nutjobs on both sides have to be stopped.

A bit semi-OT, but it seems that the Iranian president likely is dead. Here is the prediction market for his status:
No formal thread on this, but most relevant to this thread and the "Russia/Ukraine Conflict" thread.

Many Israelis will not miss any Iranian leadership as they remain one of the primary benefactors to their hands: Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houthis, and most recently launched a bunch of projectiles at Israel a few weeks ago. Ukrainians will neither be saddened with that same government responsible for giving Russia the many projectiles they continue to use to kill/injure many Ukrainian civilians with.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
No formal thread on this, but most relevant to this thread and the "Russia/Ukraine Conflict" thread.

Many Israelis will not miss any Iranian leadership as they remain one of the primary benefactors to their hands: Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houthis, and most recently launched a bunch of projectiles at Israel a few weeks ago. Ukrainians will neither be saddened with that same government responsible for giving Russia the many projectiles they continue to use to kill/injure many Ukrainian civilians with.

If the president of Iran was killed, his loss is not going to change Iran's policies much. The president of Iran basically serves at the will of the Ayatollah. His loss will disrupt the government for a short time as the new president gets up to speed, but it won't have any bit impact.

The accident is a tragedy though. Some families are probably missing loved ones tonight.

If the president of Iran was killed, his loss is not going to change Iran's policies much. The president of Iran basically serves at the will of the Ayatollah. His loss will disrupt the government for a short time as the new president gets up to speed, but it won't have any bit impact.
Immediately, perhaps not much, but long-term this does change some things. The Ayatollah is 85 years old and most analysts had pegged Raisi to be his hand picked replacement. Whether the geopolitical trajectory of their radical religious dictatorship changes as a result is unknown.

Immediately, perhaps not much, but long-term this does change some things. The Ayatollah is 85 years old and most analysts had pegged Raisi to be his hand picked replacement. Whether any of that changes, the trajectory of their radical religious dictatorship is unknown.

The protests a few years ago show that the bulk of Iran's population would like the religious dictatorship to end. It would be nice to see that happen and some government that wasn't so radical take its place.