Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jews took the barren crappy territory of Israel and made it a thriving democracy contributing value to the world with innovative industry and business amongst neighbors of lingering shitholes with their lazy “inshallah” attitude and the worst of them committing rape jihad on music festivals.

Jews did much better for Israel than the Persian Zoroastrians did for India.

One factor in Israel's success is a high percentage of highly educated people from Europe and the US moving there and starting businesses. Israel early on established an excellent education system. Israel ranks up near the top in the world for people with a tertiary education. One things that the Jewish communities in Europe always had was they put a high value on education. Even the poor Jewish communities in Eastern Europe had high levels of education compared to other peasants in the region.

The education gap between Israel and the rest of that region is huge. It's a problem the world over that poor people with limited access to good education have much more trouble getting ahead and developing. It's a problem among the poor in developed countries as well as the entire population in poor countries.

Poor people end up stuck in a poverty mindset and it can be very difficult to break, even when they do have resources offered to them. The most successful programs to get people out of poverty mindset is to educate the children and encourage the children to break the pattern along with providing opportunities to improve their lot.

The education gap between Israel and the rest of that region is huge. It's a problem the world over that poor people with limited access to good education have much more trouble getting ahead and developing. It's a problem among the poor in developed countries as well as the entire population in poor countries. [My u.]

Poor people end up stuck in a poverty mindset and it can be very difficult to break, even when they do have resources offered to them. The most successful programs to get people out of poverty mindset is to educate the children and encourage the children to break the pattern along with providing opportunities to improve their lot.

Re: Poor people in this particular region of the world: It seems to me there's also one more factor at play here. To what extent do people in this region have offspring with a biological cousin? To what extent does this happen in generation after generation? And finally: To what extent does this effect these children's and these adult's abilities to absorb education at different levels?

One factor in Israel's success is a high percentage of highly educated people from Europe and the US moving there and starting businesses. Israel early on established an excellent education system. Israel ranks up near the top in the world for people with a tertiary education. One things that the Jewish communities in Europe always had was they put a high value on education. Even the poor Jewish communities in Eastern Europe had high levels of education compared to other peasants in the region.

The education gap between Israel and the rest of that region is huge. It's a problem the world over that poor people with limited access to good education have much more trouble getting ahead and developing. It's a problem among the poor in developed countries as well as the entire population in poor countries.

I agree respect for education is a key ingredient. So many muslims disrespect education: they deny it to half their population and the education they do provide is largely religious voodoo nonsense at best, terrorist vocational school at worst.

A fascinating theory to explain the success of certain groups: Jews, Mormons, Lebanese, Persians, Sikhs, Chinese and Cuban immigrants, is that they have three things: sense of superiority, an insecurity (e.g. history of persecution) and exceptional impulse control. The Triple Package - Wikipedia

Re: Poor people in this particular region of the world: It seems to me there's also one more factor at play here. To what extent do people in this region have offspring with a biological cousin? To what extent does this happen in generation after generation? And finally: To what extent does this effect these children's and these adult's abilities to absorb education at different levels?

I really don't know where you are heading to with this, and I don't see the relevance. Additionally, you do realise that the small gene pool was and to some extend still is a massive issue for Jewish communities as well, particularly for the Ultra-Orthodox, which has led to a prevalence of some diseases among them, for example the Tay-Sachs syndrome?

What's the point of all this anyway? `You are only entitled to your own land provided you meet certain educational and economic benchmarks? That would be a colonial attitude if I have ever seen one.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Not a total, but a quite substantial success for South Africa at the ICJ:

The mere issuing of a provisional order is viewed as a harsh diplomatic blow for Israel, one that gives South Africa’s genocide claim tacit legitimacy.

I really don't know where you are heading to with this, and I don't see the relevance. Additionally, you do realise that the small gene pool was and to some extend still is a massive issue for Jewish communities as well, particularly for the Ultra-Orthodox, which has led to a prevalence of some diseases among them, for example the Tay-Sachs syndrome?

What's the point of all this anyway? `You are only entitled to your own land provided you meet certain educational and economic benchmarks? That would be a colonial attitude if I have ever seen one.

There is no other point aside from what I wrote. You can consider it a tangent. I think the importance is obvious, but everyone is of course free to form some other opinion.

Last edited:
...] Additionally, you do realise that the small gene pool was and to some extend still is a massive issue for Jewish communities as well, particularly for the Ultra-Orthodox, which has led to a prevalence of some diseases among them, for example the Tay-Sachs syndrome?

[...

Seems like the Jewish community has adopted a science based approach to this. I guess I would argue that this science based approach serves as an example for others to follow...

...] Since carrier testing for Tay–Sachs began in 1971, millions of Ashkenazi Jews have been screened as carriers. Jewish communities embraced the cause of genetic screening from the 1970s on. The success with Tay–Sachs disease has led Israel to become the first country that offers free genetic screening and counseling for all couples and opened discussions about the proper scope of genetic testing for other disorders in Israel. [...

I agree respect for education is a key ingredient. So many muslims disrespect education: they deny it to half their population and the education they do provide is largely religious voodoo nonsense at best, terrorist vocational school at worst.
Wow... Dont even know where to start here.. what is happening in Afghanistan is not representative.
Women in Islamic countries such as Iran, KSA, or even muslim Majority countries such as Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia are perfectly able to study.
Yes, I will agree with you that there are a few extremist idiots denying women their rights, but please, don't act as if this is common.

PS - did you know the first university was initiated by a muslim woman in Morocco?

Wow... Dont even know where to start here.. what is happening in Afghanistan is not representative.
Women in Islamic countries such as Iran, KSA, or even muslim Majority countries such as Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia are perfectly able to study.
Please.

Women in SA just got the ability to drive a few years ago and Iran has been beating, jailing and killing their women who refuse to wear burqas. How about women all throughout the tribal portions of Pakistan?

Then we have Boko Haram (which means Western Education is Forbidden) raping, killing and enslaving women all over Africa and burning down girls schools.

Yes - some parts of the Muslim/Arab world are starting to evolve past their long standing misogyny - but let's not pretend that the Muslim/Arab world isn't light years behind the rest of the world in terms of women's rights and education.

nobel1.JPG

Netanyahu enjoys being a kingmaker in US elections
Here are some of the young and stupid that Biden and the Democrats are afraid to lose at the ballot box this November.

Screaming "Go back to Brooklyn to random Jews in California".

The pro-Hamas crowd really know how to win over converts! I think they need to go back to protesting in front of cancer hospitals and shutting down roads to airports!

I understand that nuance is not your thing... yes, if you are going to commit genocide based on mass rapes, you should prove the mass rapes.
Speaking of nuance.

Funny how the Hamas apologist have bastardized the term "Genocide" to criticize Israel for trying to retrieve their hostages and stop rocket attacks on their civilians. Even sicker considering that Hamas' entire ideology and goals are genocidal trying to kill or drive every last Jew out of Israel.

Considering that the Palestinians in Gaza and the West bank have some of the highest population growth rates (and obesity rates) in the world - Israel is doing a poor job if genocide is their goal.

Last edited:
Speaking of nuance.

Funny how the Hamas apologist have bastardized the term "Genocide" to criticize Israel for trying to retrieve their hostages and stop rocket attacks on their civilians. Even sicker considering that Hamas' entire ideology and goals are genocidal trying to kill or drive every last Jew out of Israel.

Considering that the Palestinians in Gaza and the West bank have some of the highest population growth rates (and obesity rates) in the world - Israel is doing a poor job if genocide is their goal.
Well, ICJ already indicated that they think genocide is happening... But let's wait until their full verdict. You can apologize at that time.

Reactions: Just a Reader