Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue of having 1 NEMA 14-50 receptacle and 2 EV cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I've been looking at this NeoCharge splitter but cannot for the life of me figure out whether the smart scheduling thing works or not. I have a MYLR but my wife has a Volvo recharge - and for whatever reason, the Volvo is advertised as being able to schedule charging but in reality there's no way to do it. The NeoCharge website says it's in "early access" phase whatever that means, I get emails from them saying it is schedule-able, Amazon reviews seem to indicate that it is also, but their customer service is pretty evasive about it (probably a bad sign).

Have you been able to schedule the NeoCharge to take advantage of time of use rates?
"Splitter" is not a very good adjective for the NeoCharge - it only feeds one load at a time. The NeoCharge I have is not an intelligent device: it activates the primary load first - if that load has no demand the NeoCharge activates the secondary load. There is no timer in my NeoCharge, so if your Volvo is not trying to charge the NeoCharge will be passive.