Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with HOV lane markings, confusing car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI All,

Used full autopilot on 95 today in florida

They have a doble white line marking between the regular and the hov lanes...

The Tesla was doing great but when it crosses that line it gets confused and fails..i think it reads the first line and thinks its in a lane and then sees another line and fails...

Tesla , hopefully you review these types of things

E6F8FD30-5AC7-447E-8409-9904C7887FAB.jpeg

HI All,

Used full autopilot on 95 today in florida

They have a doble white line marking between the regular and the hov lanes...

The Tesla was doing great but when it crosses that line it gets confused and fails..i think it reads the first line and thinks its in a lane and then sees another line and fails...

In most places, you're not allowed to cross a double line. Blame Florida for bad marking. :)

In most places, you're not allowed to cross a double line. Blame Florida for bad marking. :)

With that said the car still starts the cross over...so if it felt the double broken line was not allowed to change it wouldn’t start the crossover... therefore i dont think Tesla thinks it should not go...its probably not seeing it as double lines and only single until it crosses the first line... i will say when it fails on that it is abrupt and you need to grab the wheel...