Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with texting

Dan203

Jul 10, 2019
Northern Nevada
Ever since the last update I've had an issue with the text icon showing up in the contacts list. Weirdly I've noticed that it will show up next to people with land lines, like my Mother, but then even on that same page there isn’t a text icon next to her cell phone. If I reboot the car it comes back for the duration of that drive, but next time I get into the car it's gone.

I can replay to texts I receive fine, even from numbers that don’t have the icon. And using voice works if it properly recognizes the name. But the icon i# missing in the contact list so I can initiate it manually.

If it matters I have an iPhone 11 that is fully updated. I've also tried just rebooting the phone and that does not fix the issue, even temporarily. Only rebooting the car fixes it temporarily.

Anyone else having this issue?

Dan203

Jul 10, 2019
Northern Nevada
You're at least 2 versions behind now. I got the first 2021.x.xx like 2 weeks ago, and I'm installing 2021.4.10 right now. Hope it fixes your issue, Youtube login, screens not powering up (just happened to me yesterday), etc.

Is there any way to force an update? I've got the priority checkbox turned on, but apparently that’s not good enough.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC