Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been driving my P85D for about two weeks and all is great.
This morning, for the first time, I completely lost the 3G connection.
I was not anywhere different than in the past so there was no reason to lose connectivity.

Is this a common occurrence ?
And is there a "quick fix" when it happens ?

Quick Fix for anything that strange, is to reboot the touchscreen by holding in the two scroll wheels until it goes blank.
I usually reboot the driver console first, for good measure (by doing the same thing with the two top buttons).

I was not anywhere different than in the past so there was no reason to lose connectivity.

I only mention this because I also have a P85D so not sure if it's more common with them... I've been having issues with my 3G since I got the car. Had service look at it and they determined that the antenna in the driver's side mirror is bad (there's another in the passenger's side mirror so I'm limping by on that, but connectivity is poor to non-existent). They ordered the part 2 weeks ago and are coming to install it tomorrow. Hoping that resolves my issue. If your problem persists, you might have them check on this. Good luck!

My understanding is that this is a Canadian specific problem since we are using a US 3G provider and are always roaming while at home. There are threads under the Canadian forum about this. It happened to me a lot after installing 6.0 (I don't have 6.1 yet) but selecting "Always Connected" seems to reduce how frequent it happens and it will reconnect after a while. Without "Always Connected" selected I always had to reboot.

My understanding is that this is a Canadian specific problem since we are using a US 3G provider and are always roaming while at home. There are threads under the Canadian forum about this. It happened to me a lot after installing 6.0 (I don't have 6.1 yet) but selecting "Always Connected" seems to reduce how frequent it happens and it will reconnect after a while. Without "Always Connected" selected I always had to reboot.

Correct, it seems to be Canada specific. There's a whole thread on it in the Canada section. Patiently waiting for a fix. In the mean time turn off the sleep power save mode.

Edit: Here's the thread: 3G connectivity issues since V6.xxx