Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with Bluetooth phone feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Model 3 yesterday and I’m having the SAME issue as many with the Phone Key Disconnected, it’s annoying as hell. I also had an issue this morning while I was on a call through Bluetooth with. Co-worker. While she was talking it came through with a lot of static and not clear. Has anyone else had that issue? It sounded like popping and static. I took a call yesterday and it was fine. I adjusted the volume and it didn’t even help :(

You didn't specify if you turned down the car stereo volume or your phone. If this is the same issue as someone else had when streaming music from their phone then you should try turning down the volume on your phone. Apparently that can over-drive the sound system and cause clipping (the popping/static sound).

As far as the Phone Key disconnect issue you're probably going to have to wait for Tesla to send an update to fix it.

Last edited:
Also having phone key disconnected issues as well as random car locking/unlocking - so unpredictable. Card won't always work either. Cannot wait for the software update. I already had two, but none of them addressed the issues.