Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with charging port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has a solution to an issue with the charging port door (UK Model 3, 2022, 4,000miles).

The one currently on the car is already a replacement as the original stopped opening when requesting it by touching the flap (replaced after error "CP_a051").

The replacement charging port has now also stopped opening when requested by the app, touchscreen or touch. I can open it manually, but when it closes it makes a super loud noise, as if the rotor was disengaged, and it shuts abruptly. Miraculously, it sorted itself out after a few weeks until now… The same issue returned.

Any ideas or a sequence I can do to try and re-engage the motor?

Ranger scheduled for 31 Aug.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any recent experience with this issue when the manual opening of the flap for the charge port stops working ("CP_a051")?

We have a UK Model 3 LR, 2021. Manual opening of the flap stopped working about 1 month ago (no problem opening flap from touchscreen, voice command, mobile app or supercharger connector, so more irritating for home charging than serious).

Service request submitted, but when mobile service attended on 20th December the flap opened manually with no issues and the fault could not be repeated so no action taken. On 22nd December the manual opening stopped again and message "CP_a051" has re-appeared.

A soft reboot did not change anything on either occasion. There was a software upgrade (I think to 2023.44.30.5) after initiating the service request and before the mobile service, then a software upgrade (to 2023.44.30.5.1) after the ,obile service. Not sure if there could be any link with my intermittent fault.

It seems it will be another service request unless anyone has any helpful hints?

Thanks, Jon

Attachments

• Tesla CP_a051 IMG_3216.jpg
    Tesla CP_a051 IMG_3216.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0