Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with the MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gixx1300R

Dec 30, 2017
orlando
Did the MCU2 upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Now the Trunk and Frunk will not open via the App on my phone. All other functions work fine. The Trunk and Frunk will open and close with the key fob. Today there is no Audio for any Entertainment (Theater, Spotify, Arcade and etc). Rebooted several times and did the hard reboot to no avail. Closest service appointment is a month wait. On version 2022.4

For the trunk/frunk/doors there's some sort of security certificate that needs to be imported/regenerated. This step seems to get missed a lot. They should be able to do it remotely. You might consider calling the customer service line, they may be able to open a case to have it fixed vs. waiting for the service center.

• Informative
Reactions: Gixx1300R
For the trunk/frunk/doors there's some sort of security certificate that needs to be imported/regenerated. This step seems to get missed a lot. They should be able to do it remotely. You might consider calling the customer service line, they may be able to open a case to have it fixed vs. waiting for the service center.
Just got off of the phone with Tesla's customer support. They said it shows that my car is in service mode. I explained that it would show "service mode" on the screen and that is not the case. Mobile service is scheduled

It’s actually not the security certificates. Those are the “car keys” that allows your mobile app and car to communicate with Tesla mothership (hq). The problem is that your mcu_command_key needs to be rotated. Ask them to reset the mcu_command_key (it’s just a 4 digit code last I checked).

Reactions: Gixx1300R