Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOW you tell me. lol jk Yeah LITH is a little farther that I want to go. If I decide on a chrome delete, I'll check him out. I actually like the chrome trim with the Silver Metallic, but we will see. Thanks for another recommendation. Competition is good. ;)

OP congrats, and thanks for the informative post. Curious about your Supercharger visit as 40 minutes to gain 139 miles seems rather slow. If I’m doing the math right (and that’s a huge IF) it seems you were charging at 52 kW on average. Do you happen to remember the charging rate / speed displayed while you were supercharging? Granted I know there is supposed to be a taper once SOC reaches 50% but I didn’t think it would be that much.

Thanks for the info, and enjoy your car!

OP pic was at urban charger those max at 72kwh so he didn’t see the max amount one would get at a normal supercharger

OP pic was at urban charger those max at 72kwh so he didn’t see the max amount one would get at a normal supercharger

Yup! Urban charger is 72kwh max but it’s dedicated 72kwh.

This is at a regular supercharger.

6A08F9C9-16B8-49CB-9EAD-A6302A9E31B1.jpeg

OP congrats, and thanks for the informative post. Curious about your Supercharger visit as 40 minutes to gain 139 miles seems rather slow. If I’m doing the math right (and that’s a huge IF) it seems you were charging at 52 kW on average. Do you happen to remember the charging rate / speed displayed while you were supercharging? Granted I know there is supposed to be a taper once SOC reaches 50% but I didn’t think it would be that much.

Thanks for the info, and enjoy your car!

Tesla unveils new ‘urban’ Supercharger with a slower dedicated charge rate

I would actually prefer a few of these in my area because it would allow me to charge daily without concern of battery wear and tear at the higher charge rate. A 1C charge rate is much healthier to the pack than the nearly 2C charge rates. Plus if I would have a super charger in my typical locations I'm usually there for at least an hour and a half anyways. It takes me at least 5-10 minutes to setup my usual mobile workstation or gym time.

Reactions: TheLocNar
The charge rate of a Supercharger (or any charger) slows down quite a bit as the battery get closer to a full charge. What you'll find if you do road trips in a Tesla is that you will want to only charge to maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of a full charge at each stop (or enough to get to the next Supercharger plus some reserve) rather than a full charge if you want to make the best overall time on the trip. The charge rate is also affected by whether someone else is charging on the adjacent charger. They are labeled 1A, 1B, etc. If both 1A and 1B are charging vehicles, then both will be slower.