Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It comes home on Monday! Some questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off a big thank you to all the contributors on this forum. I have learned so much from all of you.

My car Black on black AWD M3 vin 134xxx is scheduled to appear on my driveway at 4pm. Here's what i don't get. . .

They are delivering it to my home. I could literally jog to the MT. Kisco showroom to pick it up if need be. 4pm in the northeast its already getting dark and will be hard to go over the car like I would like to considering the issues some of the contributors have had. Is it to my benefit to pick it up at the Service Center?

It's pretty darn cold in NY already and I know some of you had issues with the windows sticking to the gasket when trying to get in it. Is there one silicone spray that you all have been using that's having success?

I'm a bit of a freak about my windshield wipers. My understanding from lurking on here is that they are sub-par. Are there any aftermarket ones that will improve it? Are they as easy to replace as an ICE car?

Thank you again, can't wait to drive it.

First off a big thank you to all the contributors on this forum. I have learned so much from all of you.

My car Black on black AWD M3 vin 134xxx is scheduled to appear on my driveway at 4pm. Here's what i don't get. . .

They are delivering it to my home. I could literally jog to the MT. Kisco showroom to pick it up if need be. 4pm in the northeast its already getting dark and will be hard to go over the car like I would like to considering the issues some of the contributors have had. Is it to my benefit to pick it up at the Service Center?

It's pretty darn cold in NY already and I know some of you had issues with the windows sticking to the gasket when trying to get in it. Is there one silicone spray that you all have been using that's having success?

I'm a bit of a freak about my windshield wipers. My understanding from lurking on here is that they are sub-par. Are there any aftermarket ones that will improve it? Are they as easy to replace as an ICE car?

I live in Ossining and also could have picked up the car the same way. Delivery experience to my house was at the end of 3rd quarter and it wasn’t great. Said they were coming one day, no response and never showed up. Finally delivered the next day and car was in perfect shape.

I haven’t had a problem with windows yet but I do pre heat car when I can because it is awesome.

@ronw04 I just picked up my AWD metallic silver at Mt Kisco on Monday. I can tell you that you would be picking up the car at an off site facility in a pretty well lit warehouse. The warehouse is not far from the service center and they provide a shuttle to it. I would plan on about an hour at the service center. And then around another hour at the warehouse. I haven't had an issue with the windows "yet" but I'm also interested in some preventative measures.

I live in Ossining and also could have picked up the car the same way. Delivery experience to my house was at the end of 3rd quarter and it wasn’t great. Said they were coming one day, no response and never showed up. Finally delivered the next day and car was in perfect shape.

I haven’t had a problem with windows yet but I do pre heat car when I can because it is awesome.
Yep just south of you in Chappaqua. I'd be fine if they couldn't make it, just would like to be notified .Everything has gone well so far so I reckon I'm due for some adversity .

How long to you preheat for?

Looking very forward to heading to bear mountain to open it up a little bit .

@ronw04 I just picked up my AWD metallic silver at Mt Kisco on Monday. I can tell you that you would be picking up the car at an off site facility in a pretty well lit warehouse. The warehouse is not far from the service center and they provide a shuttle to it. I would plan on about an hour at the service center. And then around another hour at the warehouse. I haven't had an issue with the windows "yet" but I'm also interested in some preventative measures.
For someone who lives so close to the service center I thought it was odd that they will drop it off at my house . I'd probably prefer to pick it up in Mount Kisco.

Yep just south of you in Chappaqua. I'd be fine if they couldn't make it, just would like to be notified .Everything has gone well so far so I reckon I'm due for some adversity .

How long to you preheat for?

Looking very forward to heading to bear mountain to open it up a little bit .

Pre-heat 15 minutes. But I don’t care about range so longer if I can.

Haha nice good idea. I love taking it on the taconic heading north. The taconic is great for AP.

There's a separate thread (can't find it) recently where someone had a silicone gel you apply w your finger along the rubber gaskets.
I've had no issue at all with the quality of the OEM wiper blades (6 months of use, in typical summer southern thunderstorms). To service them, there's a setting you toggle to have them present halfway up the windshield since at rest they are below the hood and unreachable. I have not attempted to service mine because they've performed great.

There's a separate thread (can't find it) recently where someone had a silicone gel you apply w your finger along the rubber gaskets.
I've had no issue at all with the quality of the OEM wiper blades (6 months of use, in typical summer southern thunderstorms). To service them, there's a setting you toggle to have them present halfway up the windshield since at rest they are below the hood and unreachable. I have not attempted to service mine because they've performed great.
Cool I'll look around for that thread .
A bit concerned about how snow will work with the wipers. We get a heavy wet snow up here . Makes it tough to get it off.
Nice to hear rain won't be a issue .

I would recommend taking delivery at the service center instead of in the dark and cold. Not even sure how that is an option if you live so close.

I'm not sure about the wipers but my impression is they have built-in washer fluid dispensers so I don't think they are something you can simply swap out at your local AutoZone. Maybe there are custom ones you can order online, but I am guessing it might take some work. Mine work wonderfully however and have no plans to change them.

I’d pick up at service center. No brainer.

Some issues could be taken care of on the spot. Less risk in some driver who has no stack in ownership, messing something up.

It’s also easier to inspect at the service center because folks can be serving other customers while you leisurely inspect, while the delivery guy stands their rolling his eyes.

PICK IT UP

Good luck.

Yes, I believe I found the thread.
Window and door handle icing prevention

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Info like this is why I'm here. Going to read the manual front to back as soon as I get the car.
I highly recommend that you track down one of the many posted owner's manuals and read it BEFORE you pick up the car. You can just skim it this first time. It'll make far more sense after you get the car... but there are definitely some nuggets in there that will be good to know on that first drive home.

Cheers, and good luck. Don't let all the negative stuff on the forums bother or scare you. The cars aren't perfect, but then neither is any other car. Teslas are just a different breed.... and, certainly, so are the owners! :)

Info like this is why I'm here. Going to read the manual front to back as soon as I get the car.
Thanks

Here’s a post with a link to the 11/12/18 Model 3 Manual: Owners Manual Great reading material after that Thanksgiving Day turkey meal! Sorry I didn’t see your thread earlier in the day when you posted and I know you’re 3 hours later than me but sure you can’t sleep thinking about your car so are probably awake and reading the threads here ;). Did you switch delivery to Mt Kisco or still keeping home delivery?

Sure hope people are using windshield wiper solution rated for their temps. Wonder what comes in the cars at delivery.

Hope you love your car. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited: