Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's time to move on... Elon

Should Elon move on from Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not an Elon sycophant. If you look at many of my previous posts, you'll probably find that I'm quite cynical of a lot of his actions and statements.

However, I truly believe Mr. Musk is a divined visionary and that he works in the best interests of humanity and will continue to do so.

I also think Elon has accomplished what he set out to do with Tesla and Electric Vehicles. The momentum is there, and Tesla will be fine with whomever takes over.

That said, it's time...

I truly hope Elon will step away from Tesla... focus on SpaceX & Boring. I hope he'll keep tweeting, and continue being obnoxiously provocative... moving forward and not looking back; which includes... us.

I doubt Elon is at Tesla on a regular basis. He most likely splits his time between his companies and is there when there is a major issue...then he over does it like most bosses then goes away to another issue at another company.

So no he does not need to move on. But Tesla would be fine if he did I am sure...but right now Tesla is not strong enough without him.

spacex-launch-video-tesla-elon-musk-car-space-florida-917891.jpg

Happy SpaceX Musk.

5073246-6278619-image-a-49_1539636749851.jpg

Tesla '420' vs SEC Musk

The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me)
  1. Build sports car
  2. Use that money to build an affordable car
  3. Use that money to build an even more affordable car
  4. While doing above, also provide zero emission electric power generation options
Tesla Model 3 = #1 Best Selling Car In The US (In Revenue) | CleanTechnica

"Tesla has finally executed on its vision of bringing a truly mass market car to the US, with solid results in July and August pointing to a record third quarter."
California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it

"On 14 days during March, Arizona utilities got a gift from California: free solar power. Well, actually better than free. California produced so much solar power on those days that it paid Arizona to take excess electricity its residents weren’t using to avoid overloading its own power lines."

Ordering a Tesla: my first in 2009 vs. my fifth in 2018

Car Roadster Model 3
Price $110,000 $55,000
Range 244 (on an old scale; perhaps 220 today) 310
Seats 2 5
0-60 time 3.9 seconds ~4.8 seconds (Tesla says 5.1)
Autopilot Psht. No Yes
Fastest charging 19kW 120kW
Charging Network 6 single Tesla L2 stations in Southern CA 500 clusters of Superchargers nationwide, plus hundreds of destination chargers, plus all the J1772 stations
Nearest charging station An L1 outlet stuffed in a Chargepoint post 700 miles away Several L2 stations 2 miles away
Nearest sales/service center 800 miles away 14 miles away
Delivery Shipped by truck to my house Pick up at nearby delivery center
Consumer impressions of the brand Nobody I knew had ever heard of them Of those familiar, either very kewl (the vast majority), or a horrible leach on the taxpayers run by a charlatan (common online opinion, but not common in the real world)

Elon... Mission accomplished (don't tell anyone). Move on...

Last edited:
I'm not an Elon sycophant. If you look at many of my previous posts, you'll probably find that I'm quite cynical of a lot of his actions and statements.

However, I truly believe Mr. Musk is a divined visionary and that he works in the best interests of humanity and will continue to do so.

I also think Elon has accomplished what he set out to do with Tesla and Electric Vehicles. The momentum is there, and Tesla will be fine with whomever takes over.

That said, it's time...

I truly hope Elon will step away from Tesla... focus on SpaceX & Boring. I hope he'll keep tweeting, and continue being obnoxiously provocative... moving forward and not looking back; which includes... us.

No. No. No. and NOOOOOO.... You couldn't possibly be more wrong with your assessment and Elon leaving Tesla now would be a major blow to the company, and more importantly, it's share price. Come on people... THINK...

Jeff

I am of half a mind to glue Elon’s shoes down somewhere in the plant to keep him there.

He still has to make:
- MY affordable SUV
- pickup
- possible second Redneck-priced affordable pickup.
- big rig

And then ride that all ti putting all the ICE cars into the grave.

Plenty of people have his level of vision.
Plenty if people have his level if drive
Plenty of peopke have his level of wealth
Plenty of people have his moral sense of caring for the future of the planet
Plenty of people have his level of genius

Only 1 man seems to have all 5 of thess traits...

Think about bland Apple became after Jobs passed away... For Tesla that story would be even more severe...

Reactions: arcus and mspohr
Tesla hasn't "made it" yet.

Still need a couple of good quarters to clear the most pressing debt issues.
3 production averaging <5k/week
No 3 SR base.

And a whole bunch of other stuff needed.

If you want him to leave because he _won't_ deliver, just say it.