Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've never received any notice about getting the car serviced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's obvious that I should get the car serviced in general, but every car I've ever had has a warning pop up when it's getting close to needing to do the mandatory in-warranty service. I haven't received any notice about servicing. When is recommended service, yearly? 10k miles?

Service intervals are covered directly in the manual. To save you time in looking it up there, here is a link and the relevant text:

==========================================================================

Maintenance Service Intervals​

Service Intervals​

Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.
For additional information on vehicle alerts, see Troubleshooting Alerts.
  • Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)*.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4** years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years.
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
**A/C desiccant bag replacement can be extended to 6 years on vehicles manufactured between approximately 2017-2021.
*Heavy brake usage due to towing, mountain descents, or performance driving -- especially for vehicles in hot and humid environments -- may necessitate more frequent brake fluid checks and replacements.
Note
Any damage caused by opening the Battery coolant reservoir is excluded from the warranty.
Note
The above intervals are based on typical driving behaviors and scenarios. Depending on various circumstances such as driving behavior, usage, environmental conditions, etc., the above maintenance items may need to be performed more or less frequently than specified. Additionally, the above list should not be considered comprehensive and does not include consumable parts such as windshield wipers, brake pads, low voltage battery (if applicable), etc.

I recall Elon saying that the car (or app) would alert you if it detects an issue that requires service, but I don’t think it does that just based on time or mileage. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an alert like that in 8 years of Tesla ownership.

Elon, that little punk. I make him replace my cabin filters for me.

Seriously though, that sounds accurate for all non-maintenance tasks. I do believe there was also an update that would detect and notify about uneven tire wear.

Diseccant bags and brake caliper guide pins? It's not going to alert us of those unless it's just a dumb timer... which certainly isn't something I'd want.

Service intervals are covered directly in the manual. To save you time in looking it up there, here is a link and the relevant text:

==========================================================================

Maintenance Service Intervals​

Service Intervals​

Tesla recommends the following maintenance items and intervals, as applicable to your vehicle, to ensure continued reliability and efficiency of your Model 3.
For additional information on vehicle alerts, see Troubleshooting Alerts.
  • Brake fluid health check every 4 years (replace if necessary)*.
  • A/C desiccant bag replacement every 4** years.
  • Cabin air filter replacement every 2 years.
  • Clean and lubricate brake calipers every year or 12,500 miles (20,000 km) if in an area where roads are salted during winter.
  • Rotate tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
**A/C desiccant bag replacement can be extended to 6 years on vehicles manufactured between approximately 2017-2021.
*Heavy brake usage due to towing, mountain descents, or performance driving -- especially for vehicles in hot and humid environments -- may necessitate more frequent brake fluid checks and replacements.
Note
Any damage caused by opening the Battery coolant reservoir is excluded from the warranty.
Note
The above intervals are based on typical driving behaviors and scenarios. Depending on various circumstances such as driving behavior, usage, environmental conditions, etc., the above maintenance items may need to be performed more or less frequently than specified. Additionally, the above list should not be considered comprehensive and does not include consumable parts such as windshield wipers, brake pads, low voltage battery (if applicable), etc.
It would be beneficial to all human beings to RTFM once in a while...

I applaud the time you took to remind them.

👍

It would be beneficial to all human beings to RTFM once in a while...

I applaud the time you took to remind them.

👍
I'm toooo old to read.

Our Tesla's are a computer.........the most knowledgeable info on your cars condition, service requirements, etc are in software logic and files.

Service centers are a gold mine of current issues or needed updates and can tell your more current service requirements.........by first
connecting to your Tesla........computer to computer.

I have Tessie..................it has nice service alerts based owner experiences.

When I scheduled for a peeling yoke replacement they suggested it's time to rotate tires. I declined because all four tires are wearing evenly, so not needed. Besides, I dont want them to have extra chances for screwing things up.
Hey! Thanks for joining the club!

I've been preaching a simple mantra for a long time now. Buy a tire depth gauge! It will tell you if you need a tire rotation or alignment. Is the wear even? Does it go down the road straight? Don't do those services based on an arbitrary number.

For example, I had an alignment done on a previous car a long time ago just on a whim. It came out worse. I had to take it back twice to get it corrected. Lesson learned.

I've had cars long enough to know how to check when to do maintenance (from the manual), when to check user consumable parts (tires, wipers, etc). I'm not even old. Sometimes we as humans should use our brains to remember and calculate stuff for ourselves and not need a computer to tell us when to do stuff.

Reactions: rpiotro
I got popup notification on the app telling me that it's time to replace my cabin filter.

I got one, too. Then, I realized it was just an advertisement and wasn’t specific to my car since there was no corresponding alert in the car nor were there any telltale odors.

Recommended intervals guidelines which all say they’ll vary depending upon your driving behavior and environment.