Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack Rickard's take

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and 2x playback is even better....

I tried 2x at first because he does speak slowly but there were portions that he naturally spoke faster during and found I was having to "rewind" to go back and listen. Yes, he has some interesting perspectives on things and at times colorful but I've generally watched some of his videos for his work on the cars (Model S and the early Model 3 he bought at auction that was the first Model 3 to crash--this was in the creek and driven by a Telsa employee late at night).

I've watched the video a couple of times and recommend everyone interested in the truck do so, regardless of politics. He lays out a lot of reasons why this truck makes sense, if you want the bottom like takeaway skip to 1:10:53 and listen to the 40 or so seconds that follow.

Reactions: Halldawg
I've known Rickard since 1988, but I refuse to watch EVTV as his support for Trump is an instant show-stopper.

I really hate that you turned this topic political so Im gonna let you in on a little secret. You probably are going to want to get rid of your Model S, as the Fremont factory is filled with Trump supporters, why do you think the UAW has never cracked this place? Take a tour sometime and talk to some people in body in white, stamping, facilities and maintenance as you may be unpleasantly surprised. Being pro environment and voting for trump isn't any worse than being anti death penalty and pro choice, is it?

Just to be clear I am a combat veteran of Iraq and AFG. I voted for Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama and Trump. I Iive in CA, only drive electric cars, have solar on my home and I will vote for a Werewolf if he promises not to submit to the social justice warriors.

have never seen these guys before; thanks for posting that; painfully slow to watch but still informative

Old Jack is quite the character, there are a lot of videos, focusing on solar and battery back up systems. Richard isn't in any others I have seen. There is a literary quality in his presentations that rivals great novels. Most;y in how he intertwines good old boy Missouri with grumpy elite.

I really hate that you turned this topic political so Im gonna let you in on a little secret. You probably are going to want to get rid of your Model S, as the Fremont factory is filled with Trump supporters, why do you think the UAW has never cracked this place? Take a tour sometime and talk to some people in body in white, stamping, facilities and maintenance as you may be unpleasantly surprised. Being pro environment and voting for trump isn't any worse than being anti death penalty and pro choice, is it?

Just to be clear I am a combat veteran of Iraq and AFG. I voted for Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama and Trump. I Iive in CA, only drive electric cars, have solar on my home and I will vote for a Werewolf if he promises not to submit to the social justice warriors.

Why did you go through all the trouble of writing that post and then end it using a pejorative?

amen brother.