Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@chobra Switching to MYP still no news yet?
I got VIN on V day but still no delivery date, EDD is Feb 21 - March 2.

Trade-in expired, refreshed it and the offer went up :cool:

Are you going to consider adding 20" wheels to your order to help speed things along?

1676935485065.png

Are you going to consider adding 20" wheels to your order to help speed things along?

View attachment 909457
Yep no movement since VIN for me too. And what really sux is I had to pay in full already to even be able to have the car enter Oklahoma due to stupid laws. So EDD is still the same.

View attachment 909457
Same thing happened with me. My trade-in expired on Thursday and my offer increased by 17%. It's good until 3/17. Hoping to get delivery by then so I won't have to roll the dice again. My EDD is currently 3/5 - 3/31.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Only reason I don't want MYP is the bigger wheel...but at this rate, it looks like I won't get delivery by March 1st to guarantee that tax credit so it really doesn't matter now. I dont really need "another car" right away. I have 3 right now. Lol
You can probably find someone local to swap wheels (+ cash that you get) with you if you get the MYP, their 19" for your 21".

But at this point I'm not sure if switching from a MYLR to MYP this close to your EDD is the right call, what if you're about to get a VIN for MYLR but you get put back in queue if you switch to MYP. Editing your config pre-VIN to upgrade to 20" should give you a faster match but also a gamble (good or bad) since your EDD is close.

If getting the 4th car won't be a burden financially and you like the model Y, go for it, we're already getting the lower MSRP, the $7,500 vs $3,750 tax credit shouldn't be a deal breaker financially, if it is then the overall financial decision isn't worth the stress.

But if it will cause a burden, definitely skip getting a 4th car. The stress isn't worth it. Heck even the thought of having 4 cars to pay (registration, insurance, etc) for, maintain (tires, etc), and babysit (keep track of where parked, etc) sounds like a headache.

However, if the 3 vehicles are something like this then the MY will make a good addition :cool:
Truck = work or play, pull your speed boat or fishing boat
2 seater sports car = for fun, cruise around
RV = breaking bad or meet the millers

Last edited:
I got my Vin on 2/14 for a MYP. Car is in transit and set to arrive in Southern California on 2/23. I have not received a pickup date yet. Do you think the factory installs the tow hitch or is it done at a local service center.
I'm sure the answer is somewhere via search, but my gut says the SC does it

Are you wondering if you remove the tow option that it will speed up your pickup date?

If so, I have the same config and delivery location as you, but an earlier OD, no tow option, and I got my VIN the same day as you and no delivery date yet.

If not and you're wondering if it will push your delivery date due to the extra time for the labor at the SC, then it should only be hour(s) rather than day(s) delay.

Let's just hope we don't have to take delivery in the rain, forecast says it's going to rain the second half of this week...

I hope I get to see someone click accept on the app while they're in the lobby and summon the car so that they don't have to deal with the rain outside, boss move right there.

Last edited:
I'm sure the answer is somewhere via search, but my gut says the SC does it

Are you wondering if you remove the tow option that it will speed up your pickup date?

If so, I have the same config and delivery location as you, but an earlier OD, no tow option, and I got my VIN the same day as you and no delivery date yet.

Let's just hope we don't have to take delivery in the rain, forecast says it's going to rain the second half of this week...
Nice!! I want the keep the tow. I don't think it should take longer than an extra day to add it at the service center, but who knows. I was told by text that mine should arrive at the Buena Park location.

Reactions: chobra

View attachment 909457
Awesome. I'm sure it'll arrive soon for you & you'll make that March 1st date.

To answer your other question, I can totally afford it...just being cheap and try to save if there is opportunity (tax credit). I'm working with a CPA to increase 401k contribution and various other avenues to lower my taxable income to qualify so everything is still in the air. I think it's possible but will see.

Anyways, EDD now Feb 21 - March 3. LOL...one day at a time :)

Two questions on switching order to expedite delivery time...
1) I'm in FL and when I search existing new inventory, there are several MYs but they aren't the LR or P. Range is only ~270mi. Are they now producing some SR version you can only purchase through inventory? Seems you cannot custom order one like this. Thinking it would be a bad move to swap order for one like this given the price is same as what i ordered but mine is the LR. Anyone else seeing this in their geographic area?

2) I have never seen the option to edit my design on the website or app. I received a text about it a few weeks back when the limit for tax was increased, but link wasn't valid. I read this may be because my car already entered production, but that was weeks ago and i still don't have a VIN. Anyone know why that could be, or is everyone that changes their orders calling customer service to do so?

Thank you!

Awesome. I'm sure it'll arrive soon for you & you'll make that March 1st date.

To answer your other question, I can totally afford it...just being cheap and try to save if there is opportunity (tax credit). I'm working with a CPA to increase 401k contribution and various other avenues to lower my taxable income to qualify so everything is still in the air. I think it's possible but will see.

Anyways, EDD now Feb 21 - March 3. LOL...one day at a time :)
You need to lower adjusted gross income (AGI), not taxable income.