Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping somebody can advise me. I'm at my wits end. I ordered a MYLR white/white with no other upgrades on JANUARY 18th! I was told expected delivery in 1-6 weeks. It's now 21 weeks. I still haven't gotten a VIN but I see them being produced and listed on stopwaitingfortesla.com. My local dealer in Texas told me over two weeks ago that his "inside info" is that I would get a VIN within a few days. Never happened. I called Tesla and asked if I could have my $250 back and cancel the order. They said no. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

I'm hoping somebody can advise me. I'm at my wits end. I ordered a MYLR white/white with no other upgrades on JANUARY 18th! I was told expected delivery in 1-6 weeks. It's now 21 weeks. I still haven't gotten a VIN but I see them being produced and listed on stopwaitingfortesla.com. My local dealer in Texas told me over two weeks ago that his "inside info" is that I would get a VIN within a few days. Never happened. I called Tesla and asked if I could have my $250 back and cancel the order. They said no. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?
Well you can always cancel the order, but they won’t give you the order fee back because it is a fee and not a deposit. I know from personal experience cancelling and reordering and having to let them keep the first fee and pay a second $250.

Well you can always cancel the order, but they won’t give you the order fee back because it is a fee and not a deposit. I know from personal experience cancelling and reordering and having to let them keep the first fee and pay a second $250.
I'd prefer to get the car but if they simply don't produce it within a reasonable amount of time (4X longer than the maximum promised time) then they can't legally keep my $250. I'm sure my CC company would agree. I'm wondering if anyone else has had to wait so long. And what kind of car company sends the exact same built around the country with no buyer while I'm waiting for the one I ordered? Is that an example of the kind of customer service that I should expect in the future?

Reactions: jdcar
I just got my white on white interior MYLR. Is it me but I remember seeing the white interior with white seats and white alcantara on the doors. Mine has black alcantara. Am I crazy or did they change it for 2023?
This changed a while back. Should look like this.

1688240428868.png