Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20230326_185903.jpg

Picked up mine yesterday but didn't take pics the day of since itwas cold and raining. Took that time to go through all the settings and install all the accessories I bought (noticably the wheel caps). Loving everything so far and planning on making the frunk and trunk logos red. Debating on PPF at the moment.

View attachment 921671
Picked up mine yesterday but didn't take pics the day of since itwas cold and raining. Took that time to go through all the settings and install all the accessories I bought (noticably the wheel caps). Loving everything so far and planning on making the frunk and trunk logos red. Debating on PPF at the moment.
Looks gorgeous. If it is okay, please share about ppf experience if you decide to do so. Many congratulations!

Reactions: bdhaduk
MYLR BLK/BLK 20”
OD - 03/23
Shows standard timeline EDD Apr-Jun
Any predictions of realistic EDD
Took me about 2 months from ordering (1/23) to pick up (3/25). In those 2 months, Tesla essentially only got through about 2 maybe 3 weeks of MYLR orders, although that was because of the surge of orders after the price drop.

My guess is that for the next 2 months worth of orders it'll probably take about 3-4 months for Tesla to get through them so I would expect a VIN number until the latter half of June.

Reactions: tulip
I should add that the paint quality was pretty bad on my model Y. The pickup location did a cheap wax detail that covered up imperfections but after I stripped the wax in a good wash I saw that I had my work cut out for me.
My car was probably on the top of a truck facing backwards, in this first pic these are bug guts on the bumper that were caked into the paint. This is how it looked after I stripped the wax, clay bar, and washed again:
PXL_20230326_193508607.jpg

Noticed lots of swirls and scratches after I debadged:
PXL_20230326_185257406.jpg

Also, I guess my rear T was installed when the paint was still soft, so after debadged and buffed like crazy, there is a T indent still:
PXL_20230326_154139463.jpg

It took me two days to do paint correction, still waiting in the garage for my PPF to come in but after that deep detail and two coats of ceramic she's a beauty 😍
After:
PXL_20230327_004921720.jpg

From a detailers eye there are still imperfections that I couldn't fix and even some mistake I made with ceramic but to the average person it's immaculate😁

Attachments

• PXL_20230326_200715583.jpg
    PXL_20230326_200715583.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 38