Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should add that the paint quality was pretty bad on my model Y. The pickup location did a cheap wax detail that covered up imperfections but after I stripped the wax in a good wash I saw that I had my work cut out for me.
My car was probably on the top of a truck facing backwards, in this first pic these are bug guts on the bumper that were caked into the paint. This is how it looked after I stripped the wax, clay bar, and washed again:
View attachment 922895
Noticed lots of swirls and scratches after I debadged:
View attachment 922897
Also, I guess my rear T was installed when the paint was still soft, so after debadged and buffed like crazy, there is a T indent still:
View attachment 922898
It took me two days to do paint correction, still waiting in the garage for my PPF to come in but after that deep detail and two coats of ceramic she's a beauty 😍
After:View attachment 922907
From a detailers eye there are still imperfections that I couldn't fix and even some mistake I made with ceramic but to the average person it's immaculate😁

i had the same problem with my paint too.

when picking up, everything looked fine, but when i dropped it off for the ppf, they found all the same problems with the paint as you.

sent me pics and told me it's normal with tesla. majority of the teslas they get, they see the exact same before starting the ppf.

i had the same problem with my paint too.

when picking up, everything looked fine, but when i dropped it off for the ppf, they found all the same problems with the paint as you.

sent me pics and told me it's normal with tesla. majority of the teslas they get, they see the exact same before starting the ppf.
Just curious did you get for ppf or just the key areas?

Haven't gotten mine yet, lot slower rollout than expected but I really don't care lol, I don't want to get into the habit about stressing Waiting for the newest update to come along. I've heard mixed reviews about the park assist, I've never owned a car with USS so not a big deal for me. The cameras alone are huge for helping me park

Haven't gotten mine yet, lot slower rollout than expected but I really don't care lol, I don't want to get into the habit about stressing Waiting for the newest update to come along. I've heard mixed reviews about the park assist, I've never owned a car with USS so not a big deal for me. The cameras alone are huge for helping me park
Now that I say that the update just came thru lol

• Funny
Reactions: fredzos
Great! Many congratulations! Enjoy! Please share your pick up experience if you can
Well picked up car. Experience was great walked around the car checked everything and agreed in the app to take possession. The only snag was they didn't have tags processed through tesla yet so had to sign a waiver that "it couldn't be drive on the street" but of course I did. Tags are supposed to be emailed to me Sat or Sun. Other than that small rattle behind rear view mirror already scheduled for fix. Car is great and fun to drive. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.