Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two questions on switching order to expedite delivery time...
1) I'm in FL and when I search existing new inventory, there are several MYs but they aren't the LR or P. Range is only ~270mi. Are they now producing some SR version you can only purchase through inventory? Seems you cannot custom order one like this. Thinking it would be a bad move to swap order for one like this given the price is same as what i ordered but mine is the LR. Anyone else seeing this in their geographic area?

2) I have never seen the option to edit my design on the website or app. I received a text about it a few weeks back when the limit for tax was increased, but link wasn't valid. I read this may be because my car already entered production, but that was weeks ago and i still don't have a VIN. Anyone know why that could be, or is everyone that changes their orders calling customer service to do so?

Thank you!
The MYAWD you referred to are indeed available only from inventory and are not available for custom order. They are the new 4680 battery variant, and they have a lower range because the battery pack is physically smaller than the LR or P. Frustratingly, even though they are pre-production, you can't make any changes to the configuration.

There has been speculation as to when an order gets locked out from editing. The prevailing opinion is that once you accomplish the basic order tasks (registration, trade-in and financing), your order is locked in, which makes sense since that's when your order gets queued.

I usually text the SA and wait forever for a response...but mostly generic answer or "false info" so I gave up.

Just a few mins ago got an "unprovoke" text from SA saying:

Hi "table flipper", great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app.

Obviously all those have been done since 1/13/2023 already... Anyone receive similar text?

Cliff Notes: Still no VIN.

Reactions: @vickey2727
If it's one of the MYAWD with 269 mile range, it's one of the new 4680 battery models coming out of Austin, and is probably in pre-production. You should get a new EDD within a few days.
It was a LR Blue with white interior, only difference from my original order is the induction wheels. And it's located 6 hours from home. LOL Based off VIN i think it's a Fremont build so maybe matrix lights. but I think when I saw the car pop up, it had a build date of 2/8 or something.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Are the Blue/White MYLR least priority for Tesla? I have not seen much talk about this combo other than this thread. Most are White and Grey color. Even Red seems to be fairing better than Blue color...
It feels like it is, but it probably only seems that way.

Not Tesla data, but I searched for color rankings in general and this came up (decor, not cars). I don't have a single piece of blue decor and yet it's my favorite color.

1677018468493.png

Reactions: @vickey2727
Order date of 1/23 with EDD of 4/5-5/17

I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory but am inclined to wait because I’m hoping an April/May delivery will have AP HW4.

Will be interesting to see which models get HW4 this year….
It's cool that you're okay with waiting, but I doubt 2023 MY will get HW4 but hopefully I'm wrong for your sake.

2023 MX and MS, there's already an instance\rumor that someone's new MX has it
2023.5 refreshed M3, maybe... but I doubt it (IMO)
2023 MY, doubt it (IMO)

It was a LR Blue with white interior, only difference from my original order is the induction wheels. And it's located 6 hours from home. LOL Based off VIN i think it's a Fremont build so maybe matrix lights. but I think when I saw the car pop up, it had a build date of 2/8 or something.
Last Wednesday, I also swapped to a MYLR Blue/White/19 from one of the 4680s from Austin, which already had a VIN and an EDD of 2/26-3/23, then on Sunday night got the "It's time to schedule your delivery" text. Considering how close you are to the factory, I'd say expect a similar text very soon.

Were any of you able to get VIN from source code?
But don't give the VIN that's from source code to your bank (if financing) because it can change, same with your insurance company.

You can use a VIN from an inventory car as a reference if you want to get an insurance quote, but don't attach it to your policy until you get the VIN on your MVPA.

I was even told not to trust the VIN on your MVPA because it can change last minute, to wait until you arrive at delivery and verify the VIN on the car.

For Texans:
1677027410716.png

Last edited:
I should add that the waitingfortesla.com website updates much more often than the Twitter feed. Just for grins, I refreshed it once a minute to see how often it updates and my one-time test came up with four minutes. I also noticed that the six blue/white MYLRs listed this morning are all gone. Congrats to anyone who picked one up.
Picked up my 19”/Blue/White/7/MY on Sat. Experience wasn’t all that great. I had much better experience from Lexus, and even Honda was better; they brought the car into the showroom and had a cover on it, and ‘unveiled’ it before showing me the features etc. Lexus is far better, even bringing flowers for the Mrs. etc. Tesla?, nothing. Your car is out front, look it over, sign this, and piss off. :( Maybe that’s what I get for picking it up instead of having it delivered, but it still sucked. I was also disappointed there were no mud flaps, given that it’s Colorado, seems weird. The dealer had originally said it had some damage to the hatch and that I would need to bring it back in a couple weeks to get that fixed, but they must have already put a new hatch on because it was fixed when I took delivery and there was some debris in the 3rd row seats and scuffs in the trunk area as signs that work had taken place. I pointed these out and the guy handling my delivery said “If you don’t like it you can refuse delivery”(and of course get back in the waiting line).

Anyways, bottom line is that the inventory claiming thing worked, and I see others are trying it. :) Best of luck to you in intercepting inventory before the deadline, but I would like to point something out:

It seemed crazy that Tesla made a price cut, not something you see at lot especially during inflationary periods. Well, now we know why. V4 hardware is in the pipeline. Since it has more and higher res cameras, and supposedly HD radar, so no retrofitting is possible. They had to clean out the v3 stockpile. Also really sucky they removed ultrasonic since it seems existing cars will never get top-down view, and likely only get poorly functioning partial replacement for the ultrasonic sensors given no camera can see the areas needed.

This whole thing has kind of made me rethink my plan for how long to keep it. If they are always forging ahead with new stuff it May be better to trade up every 3-5 years. So for me, I’m only getting partial paint protection in the critical areas. I’d do the whole vehicle if I were keeping it for 10. That brings me to my final point. Those who have orders pending but arent likely to make the tax credit window MAY want to consider holding off until the V4 hardware is available, because it really is a huge upgrade.

As always, just my opinion and like an EV battery, your mileage may vary. =P

Reactions: arjundvr