Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2023 LR Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the next step, in 2023 does the things get bit faster. Any experience this year on this kind of updates.

Attachments

• 348038E1-6F85-4F12-8C7C-61C6CD86C0AB.jpeg
    348038E1-6F85-4F12-8C7C-61C6CD86C0AB.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 225
2 week window is usually a good thing. VIN should be coming soon. If you have a good relationship with a SA they can look up your "soft" build date in their system. My SA wouldn't tell me mine but just told me it was looking good to fall in my current EDD I had at the time (which I think was still 4 weeks when I inquired). Other SAs told people their build date.

There hasn't been a long enough time to get a good handle on how EDDs are moving since the price cuts. The earliest orders got fast VINs because their cars were mostly just matched out of inventory. Now everything is matched off of new production. But Tesla has production ramped up like crazy so they are certainly pumping them out. Last year some people ended up in a terrible cycle of having 2 week windows that would bump out to a new 2 week window as soon as they reached the 2nd day into their window. This repeated week after week for some people. I doubt that will happen now as Tesla is still estimating a fairly short (1-2 month) delivery estimate. I'd say your 2 week window will be accurate if I had to guess. As soon as your window goes shorter than 2 weeks you will have a VIN (there were a few exceptions to this in the past but usually that was the case...anything shorter than 2 weeks and VIN is assigned).

2 week window is usually a good thing. VIN should be coming soon. If you have a good relationship with a SA they can look up your "soft" build date in their system. My SA wouldn't tell me mine but just told me it was looking good to fall in my current EDD I had at the time (which I think was still 4 weeks when I inquired). Other SAs told people their build date.

There hasn't been a long enough time to get a good handle on how EDDs are moving since the price cuts. The earliest orders got fast VINs because their cars were mostly just matched out of inventory. Now everything is matched off of new production. But Tesla has production ramped up like crazy so they are certainly pumping them out. Last year some people ended up in a terrible cycle of having 2 week windows that would bump out to a new 2 week window as soon as they reached the 2nd day into their window. This repeated week after week for some people. I doubt that will happen now as Tesla is still estimating a fairly short (1-2 month) delivery estimate. I'd say your 2 week window will be accurate if I had to guess. As soon as your window goes shorter than 2 weeks you will have a VIN (there were a few exceptions to this in the past but usually that was the case...anything shorter than 2 weeks and VIN is assigned).
Thank you for detail information.

I ordered on Jan 13 and after a couple of weeks had a delivery window of that day until a week later or so. For the next couple of weeks that delivery window slipped a day per day until yesterday. It is now saying "Mar-May". That's quite disappointing. I have one friend who ordered the same day and had the same experience. Anyone else?

MY LR, White, Tow hitch, no other options.