Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improvements in MY LR features July 2022 vs Dec 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently driving July 2022 Austin-build MY LR. Can anyone advise on how this MY would compare with a December 2023 build?
What changes / improvements / new features (if any) would I receive if I traded in for the current build?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

It's pretty dramatic. I drove an old Model Y and disliked it immensely. We now own a 2023 as the small quality-of-life improvements they made pretty much addressed all of the issues I had with them previously. This isn't a complete list but it's something I put together when I was researching the differences starting with the 2023 model:

• Li-ion low voltage battery
• Bioweapon defense mode
• Ryzen processor
• Comfort suspension
• Cargo cover
• Heated steering wheel
• Better rear door emergency release
• Laminated double pane glass
• Many solid interior surfaces now carpeted to help insulate both noise and heat transfer
• Better headliner material
• Better button indication labels for door release is more apparent for first timers
• Type C USB ports are more future-proof
• 128gb USB drive now included (I think this is new anyway)
• Windshield nozzles x2 instead of 1 per arm for better fluid distribution
• Monochromatic door cards (no more "killer whale" in the white/black interiors)
• Microfiber door card inserts look/feel better than the previous plasticky ones
• Factory darkened (not technically tint) rear windows

There's more but that's an unofficial list I put together after driving one of the new ones because the experience is noticeable better due to these improvements. The way they rode and sounded I wouldn't have bought one before. The road noise is dramatically decreased through the items above and the ride quality was also noticeably improved. We previously were coming from Model S's so we were used to a better experience in terms of road noise and ride quality.

The Model Y/3 prior to 2023 was too harsh and too noisy for me in my personal experience driving them. The 2023+ is worth the money if you put any value in those categories which I seem to value increasingly as my age increases. Possibly related.

[B]Ostrichsak[/B], thanks for your reply and the comprehensive list!

I do seem to already have many of the features you list in my 2022 (July-build) model Y.

One that I know I'm lacking is the Comfort Suspension. Can anyone testify as to how much of a difference that has made in the ride?
Also, do the newest MY builds all have the new matrix headlights?

I'm happy overall with our current car, but two main point where I find it lacking is in ride quality and the brightness of the headlights.
If I can make major improvement on these fronts, it's worth a trade to me.

Thoughts? Anyone? (Again, just looking to learn what has been added to MY in the last 1.5 yrs (July 22 vs Dec 23 builds)

THANKS!

I drove a 2023 MY with comfort suspension. I own a 2021 Model Y. While it was better, it wasn't earth shattering. I would say 10-15% better, mostly over smaller bumps but less so over larger ones. After test driving the 2023 I felt comfortable keeping my 2021. I have many of the improvements already as well listed above. The biggest I don't have are the Ryzen cpu and comfort suspension. But if you aren't using the entertainment features that often it's not that big of a deal with the Intel Atom. It is very responsive for daily driving. You can read my post on my Test drive here:

Reactions: Pianewman
It's pretty dramatic. I drove an old Model Y and disliked it immensely. We now own a 2023 as the small quality-of-life improvements they made pretty much addressed all of the issues I had with them previously. This isn't a complete list but it's something I put together when I was researching the differences starting with the 2023 model:

• Li-ion low voltage battery
• Bioweapon defense mode
• Ryzen processor
• Comfort suspension
• Cargo cover
• Heated steering wheel
• Better rear door emergency release
• Laminated double pane glass
• Many solid interior surfaces now carpeted to help insulate both noise and heat transfer
• Better headliner material
• Better button indication labels for door release is more apparent for first timers
• Type C USB ports are more future-proof
• 128gb USB drive now included (I think this is new anyway)
• Windshield nozzles x2 instead of 1 per arm for better fluid distribution
• Monochromatic door cards (no more "killer whale" in the white/black interiors)
• Microfiber door card inserts look/feel better than the previous plasticky ones
• Factory darkened (not technically tint) rear windows

There's more but that's an unofficial list I put together after driving one of the new ones because the experience is noticeable better due to these improvements. The way they rode and sounded I wouldn't have bought one before. The road noise is dramatically decreased through the items above and the ride quality was also noticeably improved. We previously were coming from Model S's so we were used to a better experience in terms of road noise and ride quality.

The Model Y/3 prior to 2023 was too harsh and too noisy for me in my personal experience driving them. The 2023+ is worth the money if you put any value in those categories which I seem to value increasingly as my age increases. Possibly related.
Most of these things are on my wifes March 2022 delivered Model Y P as well, so this would not be a list of what is different from 2022 to 2023. It looks more like whats different between launch of the Model Y and 2023.