Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda & Customs

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
How much was the shipping element. Not sure why it would be held up at customs...

Anything over £15 including postage is technically subject to customs charges - VAT over £15, duty over £135. The rest is down to how the carrier and customs deal with it.

We recently imported some parts using DHL as the carrier. I would think by the process I was part of, DHL have some form of electronic arrangement where they collect the duty on behalf of customs. Its then down whether the package is spot checked. I know mine was not spot checked as DHL said I would be notified if it was, although it did look like at some point that the package was inspected as it was resealed in DHL tape and a label attached to say it had been inspected.

I guess that the method that Jeda use is not as efficient and/or their customs declarations are not as robust so their packages come under a bit more scrutiny.

Or just simple bad luck.

Grymbok

Jul 29, 2019
Sheffield
Yeah I've had to pay customs charges for goods from the US & Canada before, it's fairly normal. This one just seems to have dropped in to a black hole though where Parcel Force are saying they don't know anything until it's back in their hands.

Just curious really whether I've been particularly unlucky here or if there's a general hold up at customs.

Smiddy

Jun 7, 2019
South West UK
Yeah same here, it took at least a week to go through customs then it has to go to your local parcel force depot who send you the customs charges.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
I’m sorely tempted by the Jeda USB hub, but I suspect it’s going to cost me well over £100 after postage and customs charges...

For that sort of money I’ll probably live with the tangle...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC