Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They stopped responding to me requesting updates. Ordered at the beginning of August. I think it's time to cancel.

Requested a cancel followed by credit card dispute .

This is from Jeda:
" Hello! We received a dispute for your order with us containing a Model Y USB Hub. We have halted and cancelled this order temporarily. Please let us know if you would like us to permanently cancel this order for you!"

To which I replied YES

supposedly its a quality device that allows full charging and data on each port. Supposedly. The Chinese stuff (not that this isn't Chinese) - has some bad prior reviews regarding quality and functionality. Taptes has a very similar deign - im sure they will have a very similar design to the Jeda hub - if it ever surfaces.

Just curious as to whether there are any real advantages to the Jeda Wireless Charger vs. the Tesla stock charger (other than landscape mode). The Tesla stock wireless charger has one USB-C cable that feeds both coils.

Just curious as to whether there are any real advantages to the Jeda Wireless Charger vs. the Tesla stock charger (other than landscape mode). The Tesla stock wireless charger has one USB-C cable that feeds both coils.[/Q]
I see no advantage at all to the Jeda charging pad. USB-C spec can handle 2 coils if the port is equipped.

Typing this on an 8-core Macbook Pro plugged into USB-C for power.

Just curious as to whether there are any real advantages to the Jeda Wireless Charger vs. the Tesla stock charger (other than landscape mode). The Tesla stock wireless charger has one USB-C cable that feeds both coils.

The wireless charging pad is an example of OEM stealing ideas from aftermarket accessory makers.

The model 3 did not come with wireless charging pad until very recently. Before that it was a reasonablely expensive ($150) accessory. And before that the only option was third party because there was no Tesla branded charger.

If a wireless charger had been included with the model 3 from day one, I doubt there would be any third-party charging pads. If you already have Tesla's wireless pad (and all model y owners do) I would not consider any of the third party offerings.

That said, if you do buy Jeda's wireless pad, I might be interested in buying your usb-c Tesla pad.

The wireless charging pad is an example of OEM stealing ideas from aftermarket accessory makers.

The model 3 did not come with wireless charging pad until very recently. Before that it was a reasonablely expensive ($150) accessory. And before that the only option was third party because there was no Tesla branded charger.

If a wireless charger had been included with the model 3 from day one, I doubt there would be any third-party charging pads. If you already have Tesla's wireless pad (and all model y owners do) I would not consider any of the third party offerings.

That said, if you do buy Jeda's wireless pad, I might be interested in buying your usb-c Tesla pad.

The charging rate on the OEM charger is very slow. It doesn't make much difference to me, personally, but if you're a heavy user I could see wanting the upgrade. Also, if you frequently charge two devices at once, the OEM charger is even worse.

9C167C6C-468B-4481-9F36-723CD96D7A89.jpeg

Got the same, exact email. It's obviously just a mass communication to try to keep us all cool and from cancelling; I can tell because I already told them I preferred to use UPS months ago but this totally ignores that fact by asking me AGAIN to tell them my preference.

I cancelled and received a refund. The big issue for me is billing at order entry when they did not have a product to ship. I got the feeling they assumed their customers would just wait until they figured their new product out. As for full power on all ports, remember the power is supplied by the two ports is it connected to so that is the max power it can provide. Jeda should spent more time on design and less time on marketing.

Reactions: rxlawdude