Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda V4 Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an iPhone 12 mini, and it only charges on the left side if I first have it charging on the right side. The weird part is the charging icon comes on, on my phone, but it doesn't actually add any charge to the phone, even after 30 minutes.
Is your phone in a MagSafe case? Because unless the phones charging coils are lined up perfectly to the coils on the Jeda, it won't charge correctly. This is why Apple came out with Magsafe cases. From what I found out, wireless charging is will only work correctly if both coils are lined up perfectly.

Is your phone in a MagSafe case? Because unless the phones charging coils are lined up perfectly to the coils on the Jeda, it won't charge correctly. This is why Apple came out with Magsafe cases. From what I found out, wireless charging is will only work correctly if both coils are lined up perfectly.

I am not using a case. It is the phone directly on the charger.

Have an iPhone 12 mini, and it only charges on the left side if I first have it charging on the right side. The weird part is the charging icon comes on, on my phone, but it doesn't actually add any charge to the phone, even after 30 minutes.
Mine doesn’t really add any charge as well. It basically replenishes what it’s current state is using. I assumed it’s because iPhones are limited to 7W instead of 15W. I could be wrong though.

But is your phone sitting high enough to be directly over the coils and held in place by the MagSafe magnets in the phone? Since you have a iPhone Mini, if it is resting on the ledge it won't be over the coils.

because I have a mini, it actually hits the MagSafe and sticks without moving. The charger just flat out sucks. I even tried a 3D printed booster that I use with the stock Tesla charger, and it doesn't work on the left side.

I am just trashing the device. I'll deal with more of a headache trying to return it to Jeda from what I have read.

That is what I am thinking, but looking online it doesn't seem my situation is uncommon. It also seems like a nightmare return/replacement process, so I just chalk it up to a bad experience.
When I had to return mine and get a replacement it wasn't a nightmare, just an annoyance because they don't reply back very quickly. You really have nothing to lose by starting the replacement process.