Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Wireless Pad No Longer Working - 2019.8.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
We have had the Jeda Wireless Pad installed since September and it worked fine on both sides. Recently neither side charges, but:

1. Both USB ports charge iPhone when cable connected directly to USB ports
2. Jeda Wireless Pad charges fine when connected to both charge port charger in the Model 3 as well as indoors on a standard charger.
3. Checked changing cables and still doesn't work

Only thing we can surmise is update to 2019.8.2 somehow might have slightly lowered USB power and it is no longer enough to use the Jeda Wireless pad.

Anyone else have experience with this?

I'm experiencing the same thing with the taptes pad, on 2019.7.11

Doesn't work when directly plugged in to the ports anymore, but if I use a splitter its okay. I am not sure if it is slower -- measuring approx 500amps during charging?

Doesn't work when directly plugged in to the ports anymore, but if I use a splitter its okay. I am not sure if it is slower -- measuring approx 500amps during charging?

Doesn't work directly plugged in, but does work with a splitter? I will try it, but that seems really odd.

That Worked! Thanks so much. Will see if charge rate is affected too much and may use 2 splitters then, but all working again for now. Must have something to do with Sentry Mode I am guessing, even though it is turned off in our car and we do not use it.

Hey, i had this issue all you need to do is change the cables. You can use a splitter too, but the cables they send are both power/data - so the solution is to get cables which are just power and not data. I spoke with them over the weekend and got new cables and attached them and its working fine. i'm running 8.2

thankfully their cables are detachable.

Yes, just got official response from Jeda and same as you say. Splitter working for now and will order charge only cables probably to keep install neat.

Reactions: mark273
If anyone is interested in DIY you can cut open a cable and sever the White and Green wires and this converts the cable to Power Only over the Red and Black wires. Just did it and it works fine.

As an aside I now found that the passenger side USB port is not providing power at all even with a charge cable connected directly from the USB port to my phone using a standard cable. Anyone else have issues with passenger side USB port?