Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the Club!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well,

After a long time crunching numbers, researching, and finally, battling the inner demons, I took delivery of an LR Blue Model Y (R2-D2). In terms of the buying process, I was surprised by how complicated it felt. Tesla did a great job by having everything done through the website but it was a constant frustration due to financing. The finance team is very small for the areas they cover but having to wait 3-5 days for a response and no callbacks (voicemails were made) was frustrating. The main reason is that the car was scheduled to be picked up in two weeks, meaning that if I was not happy with Tesla's financing offer, I would have to rush to find a different bank. Getting the car itself was easy, signed the paperwork, got a few tutorials from an advisor, and left. Overall, since this was my first time buying in this format, future Tesla purchases will make more sense.

In terms of quality, the panel gaps were not present, I was surprised to see all the negative hype about panel gaps being wrong on my car. Either I am lucky or Tesla is stepping up their quality control. One other nitpick is the lack of physical buttons, I am sure I will get used to it but not having something like a physical glovebox button is annoying, not simplistic.

Overall, it is a well thought out car!

Thank you for your time.

After a long time crunching numbers, researching, and finally, battling the inner demons, I took delivery of an LR Blue Model Y (R2-D2). In terms of the buying process, I was surprised by how complicated it felt. Tesla did a great job by having everything done through the website but it was a constant frustration due to financing. The finance team is very small for the areas they cover but having to wait 3-5 days for a response and no callbacks (voicemails were made) was frustrating. The main reason is that the car was scheduled to be picked up in two weeks, meaning that if I was not happy with Tesla's financing offer, I would have to rush to find a different bank. Getting the car itself was easy, signed the paperwork, got a few tutorials from an advisor, and left. Overall, since this was my first time buying in this format, future Tesla purchases will make more sense.

In terms of quality, the panel gaps were not present, I was surprised to see all the negative hype about panel gaps being wrong on my car. Either I am lucky or Tesla is stepping up their quality control. One other nitpick is the lack of physical buttons, I am sure I will get used to it but not having something like a physical glovebox button is annoying, not simplistic.

Thank you for your time.
The onscreen buttons can be challenging. Learn a half dozen Tesla voice commands and it will make driving your Tesla easier:

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Thank you for your time.

Congrats, I had some challenges too going through self-financing, plus deciding between sharing my bank account for ACH or bringing my own cashier's check, chose the check route.

You'll be happy with the car, congrats again!

Welcome to the asylum! Glad you're enjoying your very new car.

I'm 66. Getting used to the touchscreen is marginally more difficult for me than for my 22 -year-old son. He's very quick. It just takes time.

My 63-year-old wife will probably never drive it. She totally shuts down, gets flustered with it, gets tunnel vision focused on the screen, not the road. Yes, it's scary...and probably more common out on the road than we think!!! (Actually, she never looks at analog gauges either...sigh...)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GreenT
Welcome to the asylum! Glad you're enjoying your very new car.

I'm 66. Getting used to the touchscreen is marginally more difficult for me than for my 22 -year-old son. He's very quick. It just takes time.

My 63-year-old wife will probably never drive it. She totally shuts down, gets flustered with it, gets tunnel vision focused on the screen, not the road. Yes, it's scary...and probably more common out on the road than we think!!! (Actually, she never looks at analog gauges either...sigh...)

Hello Pianewman, thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes, it is definitely a change from my Lexus, like you mentioned, it will take a little bit of practice to get used to the screen! Using the voice commands have made it 10x easier to interact with the car.