Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three more Jolt DAs for Randwick Council.

212 Arden St, Coogee NSW 2034 - DA/659/2023
1 Elizabeth Street, Randwick NSW 2031 - DA/680/2023
42-56 Harbourne Road, Kingsford NSW 2032 - DA/660/2023

Coogee one is a prime position opposite the beach and next to Coogee Bay Hotel.
Other two are both near shopping strips.

Jolt have a DA in front of Hornsby Council now open for comment.
I have commented as it's my LGA.
1) It's never free. At a minimum it's 7.14c/kWh.
2) It will get ICEd unless rigorously policed. That area is full of apartments and a lot of those apartments do not have parking so people park in the street. Also the other side of the street is street parking for Waitara train station.
3) While it's better than nothing, installation of single stall chargers do not benefit the community. I actually urged the Council to disallow this. EV charging infrastructure should be multiple stalls - such as kerbside pole charging. Adhoc single stalls should be actively discouraged

I agree with point 3.. and given Jolt chargers in Sydney at least are built into a transformer, there should be no shortage of power, and you'd think it should be simple to have two stalls.
(I'd also prefer 50kW but that comes with more cost and space in rectification)

But a 15min charge (just under 7kWh, or about a 15% top-up in a 3/Y RWD) is definitely free once a day.

Reactions: 0xZoom
The first 7kWh is free, nothing to pay.

definitely free once a day.

Read the fine print...
The cost is not $0.00 and there is an GST
invoice

Effectively 7.14c per kWh for the "free" 7kWh per day

IMG_1557.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Vostok
Was this perhaps not your first charge of the day? It looks from your receipt that you had a billable amount of 0.02kWh.
No
Only charging max 7kWh a day
Try this:

Hint: the reason for the cost is in the fine print. It is actually not the cost of the "paid energy".

Yes it is less than peanuts
But It's not free
Yes, There is a cost (appears to be once per 7kWh) and they issue a tax invoice

IMG_1559.jpeg

Last edited:
I've equally had multiple free 5/6kWh sessions, although I'm typically there for about half an hour so pay a couple of dollars for 9-12kWh.

Just checked my activity. My last totally free charge was in June. So possibly something has changed since then?

But not that it's 7kWh free per day. So I'd you had a short failed 0.2kWh session, then replug for 6.9kWh, you will get hit for the minimum $0.50 charge.

I have commented as it's my LGA.
1) It's never free. At a minimum it's 7.14c/kWh.
2) It will get ICEd unless rigorously policed. That area is full of apartments and a lot of those apartments do not have parking so people park in the street. Also the other side of the street is street parking for Waitara train station.
3) While it's better than nothing, installation of single stall chargers do not benefit the community. I actually urged the Council to disallow this. EV charging infrastructure should be multiple stalls - such as kerbside pole charging. Adhoc single stalls should be actively discouraged

Re 3 I think this attitude is a little odd. I agree multi stalls should be encouraged but a single stall is always going to be better than nothing.

That means you can’t use the word “never
jolt said free 7kWh.
I'm saying a 7kWh is never free
short failed 0.2kWh session
Nope. I've had many single successful charges to 7kWh and every time 50c has been charged. If there was a short failed session it would be on another tax invoice. Even if it was a combined dual charging session on one invoice the total charge was still less than 7kWh and so should be free under Jolt advertising.

Last edited:
email I received from them looks like this:
I've had one of those. In this session I accidentally pressed stop charging then resumed charging.

In this session total charge was 7.02kWh. I can understand if they charged for the 0.02kWh but does not explain the 6.95kWh invoice

Attachments

• IMG_1564.jpeg
    IMG_1564.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: