Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered one on 7/18 which was a model Y long range, standard wheels, black, tow hitch, five seats, no FSD. I initially ordered blue and updated the color to black several weeks ago. I’m SHOCKED to see that when I checked in today on the app I have A delivery window of August 8-21. Of this year!! I wasn’t counting on it being so soon and I actually may need to try to postpone it for financial reasons.

I just ordered one on 7/18 which was a model Y long range, standard wheels, black, tow hitch, five seats, no FSD. I initially ordered blue and updated the color to black several weeks ago. I’m SHOCKED to see that when I checked in today on the app I have A delivery window of August 8-21. Of this year!! I wasn’t counting on it being so soon and I actually may need to try to postpone it for financial reasons.
Wait what?!!!

I initially ordered a MYLR|5|black|black|induction|no other options on 5/19 but I upgraded to a MYP on 7/28 because my car died. My EDD is still sitting at the last updated EDD as of 6/29: Nov 17 to Jan 12. Reallllly hoping they’re building the car as I type and can’t be bothered to update in the app 😅

Reactions: Alli704
Ordered a new MYP (white/white with FSD) on 07/16, delivery estimate originally for October-November. This morning got moved up to August 5-19, and then an hour later assigned a VIN and car is ready for pickup o_O Not sure if someone bailed on their order or something, but very big surprise.

Ordered a new MYP (white/white with FSD) on 07/16, delivery estimate originally for October-November. This morning got moved up to August 5-19, and then an hour later assigned a VIN and car is ready for pickup o_O Not sure if someone bailed on their order or something, but very big surprise.
Do we think all these date moves might have something to do with people hedging on the potential tax rebate being re-instituted in the near future and are therefore slowing down their orders? $7500 is a decent amount of money for sure…

Do we think all these date moves might have something to do with people hedging on the potential tax rebate being re-instituted in the near future and are therefore slowing down their orders? $7500 is a decent amount of money for sure…
I think the rebates are supposed to go into effect next year though? And aren't retroactive? If so, that's a pretty long time to wait for it. In case I kind of need a car so it's not something I can wait on lol.

I think the rebates are supposed to go into effect next year though? And aren't retroactive? If so, that's a pretty long time to wait for it. In case I kind of need a car so it's not something I can wait on lol.
I'm in the same boat as you, just wondering if there are some in queue bailing on their current deliveries thinking they'll get the equivalent of a 10% discount if they wait a few more months (which they were probably planning on anyway given the speed of the process to date). If I were Tesla I'd be trying to get people matched with the inventory as fast as possible or they might be sitting on it end of year if that is when the rebates kick in again (to your point I also read it's definitely not going to be retroactive).

I initially ordered a MYLR|5|black|black|induction|no other options on 5/19 but I upgraded to a MYP on 7/28 because my car died. My EDD is still sitting at the last updated EDD as of 6/29: Nov 17 to Jan 12. Reallllly hoping they’re building the car as I type and can’t be bothered to update in the app 😅
The EDD updated this morning to Aug 22 - Sept 5. I know better than to get my hopes up but this is much more exciting than waiting till November for the car 😊

MYLR
Red/Black Int
18"
Tow
FSD (for now... will drop back to EAP if tax plan is approved as it caps to $80K)

Placed 7/19
EDD1: Jan 2023 - Apr 2023 (with EAP)
EDD2: Jan 1 - Feb 26 (got this after adding FSD lolz)

You now have a potential rebate on the horizon, interest rates are going up around the world, Tesla and other automakers are pumping billions into new production, and we're coming out of what was probably the craziest car market in history

If there's any justice in the world, inventories will actually build soon here and prices will come down. And if people catch a whiff of prices coming down in the near future, it will only exacerbate the swing.