Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it did not, came with the 2170’s. From my understanding, only a few were built and only for employees from the Giga Austin factory. The 4680’s were only on the Standard Range Model Y’s with a 279 mile range which you can’t order from Tesla’s website. Either they are “low balling” the range through software or they have a smaller pack. I wouldn’t accept anything less than 300.

I was also hoping for a structural built 4680 Model Y Performance with long range but looks like they haven’t solved the mass production issues. I’m not going to wait any longer since we’ve been down to one car after our Performance Model X was totaled at Tesla’s Service center due to mass flooding. We were one of thirty five totaled Teslas. I picked up our Model Y from the same service center in Fort Worth. I told them to make sure it was parked inside and not out on the parking lot. Not taking chances again.

Your VIN will contain an A for Austin or F for Fremont build (11th digit). The P will be the model year 2023 (10th digit).

So far Giga Texas hasn’t built any Performance Model Ys that I know of, only Fremont.

Good luck on your delivery. You should get $3,750.00 off if your delivery is this month. You will love this car!
Luisito,

So how is you new MYP going thus far? Give us another update now that you have had your car for a little bit. Ride quality good Etc… Thanks.

Last evening, I removed the hold I put on my order. This morning, the app says EDD is Dec 22 - Dec 31.

There are no Model Y's matching my configuration (MYLR with 19" wheels, only extras are blue color and tow package) currently in inventory within 200 miles.
My order moved very quickly.
  • VIN assigned: Dec 23
  • Delivery date of Dec 27 assigned: Dec 24
  • Delivered!: Dec 27
I didn't find any fit/finish issues, except for a rear window which was a little glitchy the first few times.

Luisito,

So how is you new MYP going thus far? Give us another update now that you have had your car for a little bit. Ride quality good Etc… Thanks.
Just picked up the Model Y from the PPF shop after a couple of weeks. Did full XPel Stealth PPF, XPel Fusion Ceramic Coating for interior, exterior and wheels. XPel Prime+ Tint on windshield (70%) and side windows (30%).

Swapped out the 21” Uber Turbines for 19” SV503 Signature Forged Wheels with Unplugged Performance Titanium lug nuts. Also added Pillar Delete in black satin including mirrors. Tesla badges replaced with black satin badges.

Came out great!!!

C8A5DFC4-F87D-48C5-B155-1FE61D81F6E9.jpeg

2BDD49A9-164C-48F4-902A-93F34F7A7C53.jpeg
6979A594-20C8-451F-91C0-98CAA79A0202.jpeg

Just picked up the Model Y from the PPF shop after a couple of weeks. Did full XPel Stealth PPF, XPel Fusion Ceramic Coating for interior, exterior and wheels. XPel Prime+ Tint on windshield (70%) and side windows (30%).

Swapped out the 21” Uber Turbines for 19” SV503 Signature Forged Wheels with Unplugged Performance Titanium lug nuts. Also added Pillar Delete in black satin including mirrors. Tesla badges replaced with black satin badges.

Came out great!!!

View attachment 891183
View attachment 891186View attachment 891188
Sweet baby Jesus!!! Simple beautiful. That is too sexy it hurts!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Esha628 and Luisito

Came out great!!!

View attachment 891183
Amazing! I’m getting my pillars deleted soon. Where did you find satin Tesla badges? I have a red MYLR as well.

Picked her up on Monday!

PA043XXX
Does have cargo shelf
Does not have USS
Does not have Matrix Headlights

It is such an amazing car. The hundreds of Tesla YouTube videos that I watched leading up to this delivery just doesn’t do it justice. It really is something you have to experience for yourself. Build quality seems great but I am honestly not a stickler in that area; I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Only one complaint so far: the cup holders are a weird size 😂

2C7FDE29-7594-4B26-BF45-11EFC718D036.jpeg

There is an online petition going on related to price adjustment for late 22 deliveries.
Just sharing here as many of us took late 22 deliveries.

https:://chng.it/TpGKmLNk
Yes I took a hit on the price adjustment but, this is what I agreed to pay and did. There was a $3,750.00 adjustment for taking delivery in December which I received after paying in full in November. I would not qualify for the EV tax break anyway. So that was nice. Still happy with my purchase.

Here’s the issue, if Tesla raised the price which they have many times, they honor the price at when the order was placed. Plus they will lower it if the price is lowered prior to your delivery!

So, will you send Tesla a check if they raise the price? No you wouldn’t. It’s all luck of the draw. Don’t expect Tesla to announce ahead of time a price reduction. That would cause everyone delaying and cancelling their orders. I’m sure you would you feel thrilled if you were placing an order today at the reduced price.

Same is also true when a new hardware upgrade comes out. Some will miss out and others will be glad their cars were delayed.

Reactions: Esha628

Came out great!!!

View attachment 891183
Really nice,congratulation

Reactions: Luisito